Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Get the BAR 10, its the most upgradeable after youv'e bought it. The others are all essentially the same rifle just rebranded, and whiles they can be upgraded, its a tricksy affair and nowhere near as easy as the BAR, which a direct clone of a VSR so all the upgrades available to that rifle fit straight in with no modification needed ;)

I see the G22 says 510fps out the box
That its complete BS ;) it might be if you shoot a .12 through it, but as all our relevant measurements are done with .2s it means nothing
My mates G22 was shooting 425/.2 out the box and my Well Warrior1 was shooting 435/.2, just goes to show don't believe the hype kiddies

·
Registered
12 Posts
To add on to what Vindicare said, those guns are often mass produced, have terrible QC, and the spring will settle to a much lower fps than it normally had. \\

Two good starter rifles, are the UTG L96, and the JG Bar-10. Get the Bar-10 if you are interested in doing upgrades/mods, as it is extremely easy to work with. Get the L96 for performance out of the box.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Try not to double post, just use the modify button.
Trust me, I thought upgrades were impossible, but they aren't.
I'm not sure on the specific rifle, but with good maintanence, either rifle will last for a long time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The BAR10/ VSR10 is so easy to upgrade, even a caveman can do it.

A rifle is only as accurate as you are willing to make it. There are loads of threads on how to do this on this forum. The BAR 10 + upgrades is your cheapest solution to a replica sniper rifle that will have any advantage over a Average AEG in range or accuracy. The sniper role in airsoft is a expensive one, There is a census on another forum the average cost into a sniper rifle replica is between $800-1000 with twice that common. The UTG Mk96 (grudgingly) is not a bad replica out of the box (the only UTG sniper rifle replica, worth any thing in my opinion) but its upgradability is limited.

I am not a big fan of the retailers you posted. Look at Airsoft Atlanta (GA), AEX (CA), Airsoft GI (CA), and Hotspot airsoft of NY. overseas Ehobbies Asia and Red Wolf.

In addition, it is not a good choice of role for every player. This board is full of dedicated players to the role so we are biased to it. I strongly suggest that you find a dedicated player of the sniper role at a established group and ask to run as his spotter with a AEG. Try the role out and see if you like it first. If you have any doubt or if you are a new player to airsoft, I recommend a quality AEG with a tightbore barrel and aftermarket or Tokyo Marui hop up bucking and get some field time in first. I say this because the for sale boards on most airsoft forums are chocked full of would be sniper's broken dreams and used replicas (a good source of budget starter replicas I may add) I don't want you to end up wasteing a lot of money.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
fatboyslim said:
Vindicare, is the g22 accurate??
Reasonably, but you do need to now what you are doing to make that way ;) As Jeep correctly points out a VSR/BAR 10 is much easier to work on and there are endless guides on it should you become stuck, and you also get what is widely thought to be the most stable hop system on a bolt action rifle ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.