Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I think I might have a problem. The gun shoots 2J with both M160 and M180 no matter what I do. I think I might have broken the hop up bucking? I checked that theres no air leak and everything is tightened up. I don't know what to do.

Any help?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
975 Posts
All you did was swap springs? Make sure you thread the outer barrel all the way back in. If you have it one rotation less, the nozzle may not be in the bucking all the way. Also, shoot your rifle with the bbs you plan to use in game, and set the hop to the level it needs to be. THEN chrono.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm really sorry that I'm replying after a month.
Yes, I swapped springs, changed the bolt handle and nothing else. I've taken the gun apart a few times to also clean it and lubricate it. The barrel is all the way in.
It still shoots around 2J with both M160 and M180. I tried .43 and .46 bb's, it shoots 2J with the hopup level set at the right spot. I think It might be the hop up because I had problems with it, the BB sometimes flew up and down but It seems that the gun fixed itself and now the problem is gone, but another problem came.

·
Registered
975 Posts
When you say the barrel is all the way in, you mean the outer is threaded in? Regardless did you check your air seal at the cylinder head AND end of inner barrel?

deleted part of my comment, I was mistaken and thought this was another thread, sorry

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, the barrel is all the way threaded in, and i checked the air seal at the cylinder head and the end of inner barrel. In both cases my finger just flies off of them.

·
Registered
975 Posts
You should put more force on them, and hold it for a few seconds. For both cylinder and barrel, the piston should stay in place and until you release your finger.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah... cylinder is all good but if i put my finger at the end of the inner barrel and shoot, I hear air leaking out from where the hopup is.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Definitely an air leak then. Could be nozzle and bucking, or the bucking and barrel. Teflon tape wrapped around the bucking and barrel helps. You only need to do the bottom section in my picture. The top I was experimenting.
Wood Tints and shades Gas Writing implement Metal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts