Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Administrator
6,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I really don't know what else to do... If I find another handle I'll try it.
I want to see firstly if it works! There's also the missing magwell! Does anyone know if it will fit one from the APS2?

As for the stock I like it the way it is! It has great feeling

Wolf

·
Administrator
6,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
What handle will be better fit?
This CA M24

Or this APS2

I don't own any of these so I don't know... Any help will be appreciated.
Also a photo of the handle part that's on the cylinder side would help

Wolf

·
Registered
909 Posts
From what I can remember about my old CA M24, the part in the first picture is attached to the back of the cylinder. You are referring to the silver piece sticking out back there, right? Or were you talking about something else?

Also, I'm not sure if you're on ASR or not, but there was a guy on there that had an SP rifle, so he might have some insight. He went by the name of "Seal" and here is his thread (not sure if this is allowed):

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?topic=97842.0

·
Administrator
6,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I'm referring to the cylinder part besides the long rod (the rod is easy to make), is this how the the cylinder looks?

I'm also on ASR but I'm not very active there...!
I've read that multiple times... But he doesn't say anything for the bolt handle or the mag catch.
I'm thinking to buy an M24 handle but I want to think things first before I buy anything.
The main problem if use the CA M24 handle is that to do so when I pull up the handle to go up and stay at specific angle...
This is the M24 solution

And the other problem is I don't have a clear picture of the bolt without the handle attached.
This is what the CA M24 handle looks like on the side facing the bolt

Wolf

·
Registered
215 Posts
I had awful experiences with the ball bearing set from PDI for the CA M24. They would lock up the bolt if they mis-aligned and so I just removed them and did this.

Stuffed kitchen paper into where the bolt and rear cap come together. Made the bolt stiff and wouldn't moved.

Just letting you know that if its out of spec my only 1mm it can screw the whole ball bearing system up.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Sp m40a1xb

I always just take those darn things out Makes the bolt much easier to move.

See if you can't take that rear part off Wolf.... if so you may be able to get another cylinder from a different rifle, and make it work. So that way you can use any kind of bolt handle that you would want.

·
Administrator
6,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Does anyone know where I can find info on cylinder diameter on APS2, CA M24 and VSR/ clones?
I don't want to buy handles for all guns and then see which one will fit.
This is tougher than I was originally thought!!
It's not just to fit but to see how to make them turn on a limited angle and be strong enough to withstand a 550-600fps spring.

If I could see how was constructed the stock handle I might be able to convert a handle.

Wolf

·
Registered
571 Posts
wolfgeorge said:
Does anyone know where I can find info on cylinder diameter on APS2, CA M24 and VSR/ clones?
I don't want to buy handles for all guns and then see which one will fit.
This is tougher than I was originally thought!!
It's not just to fit but to see how to make them turn on a limited angle and be strong enough to withstand a 550-600fps spring.

If I could see how was constructed the stock handle I might be able to convert a handle.

Wolf
If you can give me a day or two I can get you the numbers.

·
Administrator
6,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Thanks ....
I'm not in such rush, take your time.

No Airsoft retailer will bother with it, there's no experience with it.
Plus it's something I want to do for personal satisfaction!

Wolf

·
Administrator
6,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I test fired it once!!! It's incredibly hard to cock it!! I removed the outer barrel and pushed the entire receiver on a cardboard to cock it! I couldn't see the bb and the trigger is very stiff.
Now I want to fix it more than ever!!

Wolf

·
Registered
205 Posts
I had a M40XB (not M40A1XB) and from what I can remember, it had a one piece bolt handle, unlike most other airsoft bolt actions which have a two piece (handle and end cap).
The bolt handle also had no pins or ball bearings in it to stop it going past a certain angle (without a scope on the gun, I could lift the bolt up to 12 0'clock).
Your problem is that the bolt turns on the big fat part of the cylinder AND the spindle sticking out the end of the cylinder, where as most other rifles just use the spindle.
Even if you could reattach a new spindle, you'd still need to use an original SP bolt handle.
Hidakaya/BeMax made a replacement cylinder which came with the bolt spindle (unlike the gas bolts and other cylinders where you had to use the original parts)...
But as always, it's probably no longer in stock or has been discontinued.
I suppose you could get a VSR bolt handle and have a piece of metal tube welded on which would fit over the "fat part" of the cylinder and weld/bond a VSR spindle to the end of the cylinder.
I'll see if I can get hold of the fella I sold my SP M40XB to, he may sell it back to me or at least get some pics and measurements of the parts involved. The bolt handle should be the same.

·
Administrator
6,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Thanks man if you could get some photos it would be awesome.
I've tried to find spare or upgrade handle but I can't find it anywhere!
Some time I'm thinking to learn Japanese....!
I can't seem to find much info on the handle even though it's a fairly common problem of the SP.

Wolf

21 - 40 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.