Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
536 Posts
Question can I do R-hop on my barrel with the space at the end. I'm afraid the R-hop will slip off.
http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/media/ca...d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/R/A/RAG-KJ-008_1_mark.jpg
First off, the original hop up bucking (on which you need to remove the mould, to turn it into a flat bucking) would keep the r-hop in place when pushing against the barrel from that side..second, you might want to superglue (use a super-tiny amount) the so-called "legs" of the r-hop (the sides that touch against the barrel window) to keep it in place.

May I stress TINY amount :)

· Registered
536 Posts
Well you just hit the final point in Airsoft, when talking consistency and accuracy (which can sometimes mean the same thing, in long range shooting): to me the hop up is the part putting more "chaos" and inconsistency of all. Close second is the BB itself and then gas output for gas users like me.

Eliminating the other two can be easy but the hop itself really revolves around the R-Hop being the best available right now. All you need to do to feel the inconsistency is to send 10 rounds at 150ft with your hop off and then 10 others with your hop set normaly.

When you see how accurate the platform is with no hop (provided you have good internals) you will be scared sh*tless :)

There is nothing worse than an Airsoft gun shooting sometimes left sometimes right sometimes straight. It throws the fun of having learnt good fundamentals away since it drops random chaos into your discipline.

Sadly, that all goes down to the scourge of approximation in Airsoft that most people are afraid to talk about...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.