Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in 4-H, and one of the projects that I did this year was Pistol. I've been using my dad's Sig Sauer P226 9mm, and it's great, but I want a gun for my own. Another member owns a Springfield XDM .45 and he's been trying to get me to buy one. I researched around, tried out the .45 (that he owns), and came to the decision to buy the 9mm version of the XDM. As soon as I can get the money I'm going to buy it. My reasons: The 9mm is cheaper, the ammo is cheaper, less recoil (less recovery time), lighter. Thoughts?
Matt

·
Registered
445 Posts
The 9mm is a good cal, my friend has the .40 cal and it works good. If you dont plan on shooting guys who are drugged up, then a 9 is fine.

Also if I remember, there is a rule some were on here that prohibits RS talk. So please keep it to airsoft, not trying to be mean just warning you in case someone comes on and locks this.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hidden187 said:
The 9mm is a good cal, my friend has the .40 cal and it works good. If you dont plan on shooting guys who are drugged up, then a 9 is fine.

Also if I remember, there is a rule some were on here that prohibits RS talk. So please keep it to airsoft, not trying to be mean just warning you in case someone comes on and locks this.
Ah, gotcha. I saw a few other threads about real steel and thought it would be alright to ask your opinion on this gun. I'll refrain, then. :)

EDIT: I just looked at the forum rules, and it says not to discuss airsoft guns over 550 FPS, but it doesn't explicitly mention real steel. I might have missed a rules page...

·
Registered
744 Posts
The XDM is an excellent pistol. I have shot a .40 cal that a friend owned and carried, and I have another buddy with one. You should look up the torture testing they do on those. It can handle all the abuse of a Glock. Thy are really nice weapons. Also, I shot the compact. It had two mags, a high cap with the grip attachment and the standard mag. The high cal was way more comfortable. Gave it a full grip to hold on to. A full size frame would have been wonderful. Also the resale on them is pretty good.

·
Registered
445 Posts
mattsniper said:
hidden187 said:

Ah, gotcha. I saw a few other threads about real steel and thought it would be alright to ask your opinion on this gun. I'll refrain, then. :)

EDIT: I just looked at the forum rules, and it says not to discuss airsoft guns over 550 FPS, but it doesn't explicitly mention real steel. I might have missed a rules page...
Ya its not written but I think it might have been Livonia who said it fuzzy will have to correct me on this though.

Also what is it going to be to you I.E: a range gun, a every day carry, so on so forth.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
hidden187 said:
mattsniper said:

Ya its not written but I think it might have been Livonia who said it fuzzy will have to correct me on this though.

Also what is it going to be to you I.E: a range gun, a every day carry, so on so forth.
Unless Fuzzy knows specifically, because I don't recall, I'll allow this thread as long as it stays within the confines of the law and proboards TOS.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I found what I was thinking of it was woogie blame him

woogie said:
Ummm.... sorry guys but this is an AIR SOFT FORUM.

I was under the impression that there is suppose to be no talk of real steel rifles. We don't need people coming on here thinking they are going to talk about real sniper rifles. That isn't what the forum was started for.

There are many good forums out there that can help you out. The forum that you listed is a great forum, I am a member over there as well. A lot of help and good guys over there to help you with just this question.

So I can see the thread getting shut down here in a little bit. Sorry to be the a$$ of the thread, but sorry.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I tried to make a sub-section in the lounge but failed. Perhaps Dutton will redeem us mods on this one.

But I do agree, I would rather have a Real Steel section than this intermingled in the airsoft stuff.

Dutton, I was thinking sub-section like the "Project Guns" in the gallery was.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow! A sub-board! Thanks for the input guys, I've been away for the week, so I didn't see the responses. The gun will be for both range and every day carry. I have two friends with the .45 and they really want me to get it instead of the 9mm, so I'm undecided.

·
Registered
66 Posts
mattsniper said:
Wow! A sub-board! Thanks for the input guys, I've been away for the week, so I didn't see the responses. The gun will be for both range and every day carry. I have two friends with the .45 and they really want me to get it instead of the 9mm, so I'm undecided.
My dad got me the XDM45 for my 16th birthday this past January and i have to say that it is a fantastic Pistol! I have put maybe 500 rounds through it and not one problem yet! If you get anything else I would recommend the 1911 as my dad has the 1911 and I have an XDM and we have shooting contests all the time and he has never out shot me with my XDM :)

PM me if you have any questions about it, I love my gun and I hope you will like yours!

Edit: Also the 9mm one wieghs about the same as the .45 one and Personally, If I have to stop someone that is putting my family at risk or my life at risk, I want them to lay down NOW not after several rounds. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
elder90 said:
mattsniper said:
My dad got me the XDM45 for my 16th birthday this past January and i have to say that it is a fantastic Pistol! I have put maybe 500 rounds through it and not one problem yet! If you get anything else I would recommend the 1911 as my dad has the 1911 and I have an XDM and we have shooting contests all the time and he has never out shot me with my XDM :)

PM me if you have any questions about it, I love my gun and I hope you will like yours!

Edit: Also the 9mm one wieghs about the same as the .45 one and Personally, If I have to stop someone that is putting my family at risk or my life at risk, I want them to lay down NOW not after several rounds. Just my 2 cents
That was their argument, that it's better to just shoot once than several times... I'm weighing that against the expense and recoil, and I'm probably going to go with the .45. Thanks for the input. :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
The Recoil isnt bad at all to me, Im 16 and I can fire really really fast with this bad boy, not one problem with the recoil, if anything its the expencive rounds that I wouldnt want to have to buy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.