Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a lambda 250% spring that was rated at 600+ fps. Where I live the limits are 650 fps. The spring is so hard to pull back I don't care what it shoots I'm not keeping it in my gun. My pdi 520/the shorter one in the photo I can pull back with my pinky and it's 585 fps. If anyone knows of a spring that will be right below 650 please let me know. I'm thinking about trying the Rapax hulk spring but not sure where it would be. From left to right the cylinder heads are RA tech, stock,pps,lambda. My favorite would be the Lambda but sadly the cylinder it comes with is a smaller diameter. That means you can't use lots of pistons like action army and Springer Custom works. Those will all be to large to fit. Some cylinders are not the same diameter. Pdi and edgi suffer the same issues. I wish they were all the same size but they aren't. I'll be sending this lambda cylinder back and getting another action army one. Most aftermarket cylinder heads prefer the slightly larger diameter cylinders as well. The ones I have here don't want to fit on the Lambda cylinder. It's a shame because it's very high quality.

More pictures/video - Vsr parts

Attachments

·
Registered
969 Posts
I can't tell you fps, but the Hulk will do 4 joules+ with .48g bbs and the right barrel length.

I run mine weighted with a custom airbrake and due to my build being a joule creep build the .2g fps isn't what I would call reliable...

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Also, check out a Laylax SP190. This should give you somewhere around 625fps. Then if you want to increase it, you can make a little spring spacer to go between your cylinder guide and your Laylax Spring.
The spring space can be made from your Lambada 250% spring. Cut about 4 coils off the spring. Heat the cut end with a flame and then bend it so that the cut end it no longer sticking out. So make it look like most springs at the end.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Assuming you are running a 430mm barrel, you should get slightly over your limit, allowing you to cut it perfectly down the size. The only thing I would say here is that Milan (owner of RAPAX) is releasing a new type of shorter spring that fits more VSR settups so I would wait for that one, otherwise, depending on the setup, the spring may not allow you to rack the cylinder

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Assuming you are running a 430mm barrel, you should get slightly over your limit, allowing you to cut it perfectly down the size. The only thing I would say here is that Milan (owner of RAPAX) is releasing a new type of shorter spring that fits more VSR settups so I would wait for that one, otherwise, depending on the setup, the spring may not allow you to rack the cylinder
I'll probably wait for that! I've also heard the srs m170 would be very similar for cheaper. I might try that out. Thank you

·
Registered
705 Posts
Cool. It should be out within the next few days. Easiest way to get it is to message Milan directly.

·
Registered
705 Posts
@accurate They tend not to fit shorter pistons. I know they atleast do not fit the SAP...

Reactions: AccurateDMD

·
Registered
1 Posts
Line Font Screenshot Parallel Slope

I have a similar sort of situation and I don’t know what to do. I’m new to airsoft sniping and I want to get the Double Bell VSR 10 (real wood) my limit is 500 FPS with 0.2g bbs. This gun is 550 and I don’t know how where or which spring to get to lower the fps. i don’t know anything about springs so any help would be appreciated. (I just joined the forum so I don’t know where else to put this or how to make my own question.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
I am not sure how good those rifles are but if they are OK you could easily wrap some solder around the piston and this will bring the fps down. Then as the spring wears in and goes below your 500fps limit, you can then take the solder off and it will put the power up again.

·
Registered
317 Posts
View attachment 20376
I have a similar sort of situation and I don’t know what to do. I’m new to airsoft sniping and I want to get the Double Bell VSR 10 (real wood) my limit is 500 FPS with 0.2g bbs. This gun is 550 and I don’t know how where or which spring to get to lower the fps. i don’t know anything about springs so any help would be appreciated. (I just joined the forum so I don’t know where else to put this or how to make my own question.
Don't even know if the Double Bell is even VSR spec, lots of cheap manufacturers use vsr in the rifle name to trick new players into buying the guns they make.

Also at that fps I'm guessing the Sears/trigger box have an incredibly short lifespan and you might be lucky if they last a few games even.

I would wait till it arrives and get it put through a chrono since whilst not may state 550fps on the box, it may be shooting lower.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts