Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been researching what hopup to drop in my srs once I get it and from I gather, the stock hop is good but I keep seeing people just get the fast hop right away. What are the reasons as to why you would get a fast hop aside from convenience?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Convenience is the biggest thing. I personally think the stock design is very good. Only thing I would do is swap out the set screws for longer cap screws that protrude slightly out of the body. That should let you adjust the hop without an allen key.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've just today upgraded my day old SRS. Mine came with longer screws with tops so you can adjust externally though.

There was no reason really to swap it but I did as I prefer not to have protruding adjustment.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I won't have problems hopping a .48? If I can't lift that, then I'll have to get something different hopup wise.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think the .4 argument may be for a different barrel type because I have a fast hop with the Silverback 60* bucking with Silverback nub and a stock barrel, I can fire .43 bbs easily. I am actually looking into something heavier but I need to take my SRS out to the field to see the performance before I go and mess with the settings I have.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think the .4 argument may be for a different barrel type because I have a fast hop with the Silverback 60* bucking with Silverback nub and a stock barrel, I can fire .43 bbs easily. I am actually looking into something heavier but I need to take my SRS out to the field to see the performance before I go and mess with the settings I have.
I intend to use this exact setup for a couple of months. Then if I want more move to a PDI barrel with faceless Rhop and FOW

·
Registered
87 Posts
I intend to use this exact setup for a couple of months. Then if I want more move to a PDI barrel with faceless Rhop and FOW
Honestly in a controlled setting I am hitting a half inch or 2 cm (not sure which you are familiar with) at 70 feet 100% of the time with .43 bbs. So I want to see what distance I can hit a body sized target with wind and movement and such. I would ultimately like to get .48s through it but I'm not sure the extra range will be needed with the way I play.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya but it's nice to be able to shoot out to 300+ feet if the opportunity presents itself. Think about the guy that thinks hes way out of range and just stands there lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ive just gotten my srs for christmas and I've had no problems with the stock hopup unit and can hop .48s easily using the screws with the external adjustments that it came with, although oddly mine didn't come with a spring so I put in a old M150 from my modify mod24 and am shooting at ~2.5J with .48s.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts