Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm new to airsoft sniping and decided to go all out and wanted some thoughts! I know the SSG10 is pretty good out of the box but has its issues. Metal Shavings, Some wobble here and there around the bolt, scratchy bolt pull, and shoots pretty straight but I know it can be tuned to be even better! Here is what I came up with and saw online the past few weeks.

Ill be getting the SSG10 A1 and the upgrades and mods I plan on adding are:
  • Action Army Hop Up VSR-10
  • TDC 2.0 for AA Hop Up (This also allows me to still adjust hop up without tools on the field and make it more accurate)
  • Maple Leaf Crazy Jet 6.01mm
  • Orange Guides SSG10 from LongbowBB (helps stop some scratching and wobble issues)
The only thing I'm missing and looking for is Hopup Rubber and Nub. I'm not sure what to get so any suggestions would be great! But other then that what do you think of the upgrades/mods is it worth? Also any suggestions please let me know! thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Barrel: stock, LAP IT
Bucking: R-hop or Autobot 70* 2021
Nub: SS-arm/SS-nub Tutorial
Outer barrel:
Guide sleeve

I think that should sort you out quite well and save you a good deal of money as well as tears
Thank you! Ill check all this out and take a look! Is there anything wrong with what I added? Or is this all just to save some money? I'm just curious!

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I am pretty certain the Novritsch barrel is made by Maple Leaf , as a Crazy Jet is in the SSX23, their buckings are in his guns, and he sells two of their stocks, so you wouldn't see any real improvement or issue by switching barrels, except that you would have $60 less and a barrel lying around.

For the nub, the ML Omega straight up sucks, and the only three nubs that are good are mine, Masada's, and the Panthera.
The Panthera is like $15 or something crazy for a tiny little piece of aluminum plus shipping from the Netherlands, so I would place it lowest on the list.
Masada's nub is pretty good, but his arm is better as it is more stable, so I'd recommend that if you're ridiculously lazy and have like $12 plus some shipping money to spend.
As for my nub(or arm), it is basically the same shape as the Masada nub/arm and Panthera nub, but mine is moulded directly into your chamber and can be left affixed on your arm for maximum stability.
Since my nub uses the origional arm, you end up with an arm with zero flex AND the ability to retain the small spring which pushes it back up if you want less hop, and you don't have to screw around knocking pins out and fuck up your chamber.

The 70* Autobot 2021 is a great bucking from my personal experiences, but if you can get a pre made R-hop then I'd recommend that plus a Modify SORA bucking or any flattened bucking.
The harder the bucking the better, but a standard Action Army bucking that has been flat hopped will be great as well.

The orange guide sleeve is undoubtedly good, but its definitely not $20 or whatever plus shipping and possible import tax from the UK worth it, and with a DIY one made from something like a soda bottle you can have a tighter fit on your cylinder and outer barrel which will help with accuracy and feel a bit nicer than the orange one depending on how careful you are.

The one piece receiver segment in that other video will be a very good thing to do once you have a good cylinder sleeve established as it will make your whole upper assembly very rigid, which will boost accuracy, bolt smoothness, and strength.
People pay hundreds of dollars for this, while you can simply do it with a tube of JB Weld origional full strength epoxy and a little care as to make sure things are straight and aligned.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Realy do not need AA chamber. Tridos make TDC designed for SSG10 stock chamber. Something to consider if funds are tight.
While you're perfectly correct, the Tridos TDC is like $40 plus shipping to the US which is probably going to be above $50, making the AA chamber look a lot more delectable.
If one can be had for a good amount less than the AA chamber INCLUDING SHIPPING then that would be a go.
Performance should be similar, but the AA chamber is definitely more stable and easier to deal with imo.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Also some people just don't like the look of a tdc.
Personally I'm not a fan of the look and prefer the hidden hop adjustment of the aa chamber.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I made something similar with a reversed screw that just needed a 3mm hole in the outer barrel, allowing one to adjust the AA chamber from the top, like a better ArchWick chamber.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts