Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m planning on buying a sniper and I really like the hop up unit on the ssg10 and how it can changed from the outside, has anyone tried out this gun? Is it worth it and does it preform well compared to a upgraded vsr10?

·
Registered
617 Posts
I'm planning on buying a sniper and I really like the hop up unit on the ssg10 and how it can changed from the outside, has anyone tried out this gun? Is it worth it and does it preform well compared to a upgraded vsr10?
The hop up chamber design (or about most rifles with a slider adjustment System) is literally that of a normal VSR, but with a better material choice such that it does not flex. Nothing really special about it.

So far there are QC issues here and there (easily scratched inner barrel, dirty parts OOTB, scratchy bolt pull, etc). Generally accuracy wise it is significantly better than a WELL despite the problems.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Based on the ssg10 issues, and the incompatibilities with the vsr-10 system, I would just build my own:

Jg bar-10 vsr, $85
panthera arm and nub, $25
aa barrel, $40
Mr-hop, $10
Asp trigger spring piston guide, $110
Asp nozzle $35
Laylax Spring $20
+------------------
$325 for a rifle better than the ssg10, no worry about novy QC, no need to upgrade, no need to worry about being off-spec vsr (so you can get a wasp/sap in the future.) The Asp nozzle is awesome, and you can get any barrel you want, depending on how the budget. Same goes for chamber, you can just get a ml or aa chamber if you wish, for like $25 more.

The whole warranty thing is bullshit. If you have a rifle that is shooting sub 4j, your parts, assuming they are high quality, will never break. The only thing that I have ever had go on me is scope. Everything else frankly, is too simple of a system to break.

Edit: the laylax spring is crucial. The ASP spring may destroy your cylinder

Reactions: bertha

·
Registered
679 Posts
Based on the ssg10 issues, and the incompatibilities with the vsr-10 system, I would just build my own:

Jg bar-10 vsr, $85
aa barrel, $40
Mr-hop, $10
Asp nozzle $35
+------------------
$305 for a rifle better than the ssg10, no worry about novy QC, no need to upgrade, no need to worry about being off-spec vsr (so you can get a wasp/sap in the future.) The Asp nozzle is awesome, and you can get any barrel you want, depending on how the budget. Same goes for chamber, you can just get a ml or aa chamber if you wish, for like $25 more.

The whole warranty thing is bullshit. If you have a rifle that is shooting sub 4j, your parts, assuming they are high quality, will never break. The only thing that I have ever had go on me is scope. Everything else frankly, is too simple of a system to break.
It isn't fully VSR? What are the parts incompatible?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I think the cylinder is a tiny bit tighter than normal but I tried Edgi piston and it works. Receiver and trigger uses M4 screws instead of M3, which I consider as a plus.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I read somewhere that the chamber area is also tighter, disallowing the use of an AA chamber without modification. The fact alone that you cannot just throw a WASP in is a killer for me.

I see no reason to not just do the build that I recommended. The only thing that is worse is the cylinder, which should be fine for your average build.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Wasp isn't for your average build, the stock cylinder issue of the bar10 is worse, I remember it was one of the first things I switched out on my build, as the stock aluminium cylinder was scratch and got lose at all spots.
Hate Nov all you want but my opinion is the ssg10 is way easier to fix the issues yourself than the hassle of building it yourself. As if the JG quality control is any better. I just removed the edge on the spring guide stopper and the rest is fine. Not superb but definitely on pair with your average build.

·
Registered
969 Posts
You can drop an AA chamber into the SSG10, AFAIK.

The cylinder issue isn't a big one either. The stock piston on the SSG has plenty of space to add weight to it and can use an airbrake. No point in buying a WASP for it. I'd also be surprised if a WASP wouldn't fit as it comes with 2 different sized guide rings - if you for some reason think I'm wrong about the stock piston.

The trigger? It's a bulltrigger. It'll never need replacing and if it does it's under warranty.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Jg bar-10 vsr, $85
aa barrel, $40
Mr-hop, $10
Asp nozzle $35
Laylax Spring $20
+------------------
$325 for a rifle better than the ssg10, no worry about novy QC, no need to upgrade, no need to worry about being off-spec vsr (so you can get a wasp/sap in the future.) The Asp nozzle is awesome, and you can get any barrel you want, depending on how the budget. Same goes for chamber, you can just get a ml or aa chamber if you wish, for like $25 more.

Nice advice

·
Registered
969 Posts
Just try it first. I wouldn't change anything initially.

If you're unhappy with the performance you could consider swapping the hop rubber for a MR Hop, the inner barrel for something higher quality (waste of money IMO), and swap to an AA chamber if you really want to. The last one will mean you lose the ability to change the hop setting easily (without TDC) and also likely won't give you any boost in performance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks AccurateDMD,

I just measured the Joules today with hop set (AceTech Chrono AC6000).
With added sorbo pad on the cylinder head and electric tape around spring guide to dampen the twang sound (it worked a bit, a replica/shot is still quite loud).
Cleaned the barrel completely before the test and set hop to the right position.
Guys do clean your barrel before first use, mine was really dirty.

M160 (0,2g BB's generic) 2,47J (average of 5 shots, deviation from 2,3-2,5J)
M160 (0,43 BB's BLS) 3,18J (average of 5 shots, deviation from 3,16-3,19J)
M170 (0,2 BB's generic) 3,63J (average of 5 shots, deviation from 3,58-3,64J)
M170 (0,43 B's BLS) 4J (average of 5 shots, deviation from 3,95-4,05J)

BB's are deviating to the right (after aprox. 500 shots with different weight BB's).
I have inspected the hop up bucking and chamber - everything seems fine.
If I tilt the gun to the opposite side, I get a more straight flight.
I will probably try MR Maple Leaf bucking and see if this will fix it.

I will also add weight to the piston to see, if I can get more J creep. I'm aiming at 3,3J with 0,43 g BB's (that's our country (Slovenia) current limit for BASR replicas).

·
Registered
1 Posts

Jg bar-10 vsr, $85
aa barrel, $40
Mr-hop, $10
Asp nozzle $35
Laylax Spring $20
+------------------

I dont think this is good advice at all actually simply because you are missing the most important part which is the zero/90degree trigger and piston. That alone is another 200$ so its not a fair comparison at all without that.

·
Registered
627 Posts

Jg bar-10 vsr, $85
aa barrel, $40
Mr-hop, $10
Asp nozzle $35
Laylax Spring $20
+------------------

I dont think this is good advice at all actually simply because you are missing the most important part which is the zero/90degree trigger and piston. That alone is another 200$ so its not a fair comparison at all without that.
I'm including a trigger (the ASP trigger, piston and guide). That said, I'd probs just get an ssg10. Other one's too much hassle dor negligable boosts.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The best hop-up adjustment you can have on a sniper rifle is the TDC mod. This you can install in any sniper you get. So you can buy an SSG10 and mod it (expensive choice) or get a VSR10 clone (like JG BAR10) and start upgrading as you wish. here are some upgrade ideas for you:
and here is how the TDC mod works for a better accuracy:

·
Registered
52 Posts
My brother bought an SSG10 earlier this year, and is quite happy with it. I've shot it, and I also quite like it. The overall gun feels high quality, and performance wise you can expect consistent shots with .46g bbs at 250ft - laser straight without wind.

I've seen and talked to at least 6 other players running an SSG10 this year and everyone has been pleased with their guns.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought 2x SSG10 A1 on black Friday.
Each has issue with cylinder and spring guide scratching
Each has issue with bucking - can't lift 0.45
After replacing bucking, each has max range 60m. Next step will be to replace hopup with Action Army one

Wysłane z mojego KB2000 przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Registered
1 Posts
As an owner of the ssg10. You will not want the hop up slider as it will be moved frequently when moving. You will need to check the hop up before shooting or you may give away your position. However simple fix is the tridos tdc 2.0 made specifically for the ssg10. It is not compatible with other vsr10 models. It adds a hop up adjustment dial that can’t be unintentionally adjusted. Not to mention it looks badass
I’m planning on buying a sniper and I really like the hop up unit on the ssg10 and how it can changed from the outside, has anyone tried out this gun? Is it worth it and does it preform well compared to a upgraded vsr10?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts