Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
But will that last?

I've seen a steel sgs with grooves so deep I snapped it with pliers, but if it lasts 5k+ shots then it may be good.
First of all, you have to pull the bolt right. Novritsch has a good video on it
Now to answer your question, if you add 3 layers of sticker in a secure way (so it won't slip off or undo), and pull the bolt right to reduce the wear and force on the spring guide stopper, it will last from 1500 to 2000 shots. (depending on how you pull the bolt, and if you're one of those people who like to pick up their gun and dry fire it 20 times inside for fun). Some people will think it is irritating that you have to replace the sticker occasionally. I just look on it as basic maintenance, only takes about five minutes man! But trust me, the results are mind-blowing, even if you pull it violently(you'll wear your sticker a lot faster) it is butter smooth, LIKE BUTTER SMOOTH!!! Just make sure your o-rings aren't causing the problem. Please try this and Get back to me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My brother's only complaint with his A1 is the gritty bolt pull. He's done a lot of work trying to make it better, and it is better, but still not great. I love the A2 stock - it is a much nicer version of my gun's stock.

Anyway, all that to say is Novritsch gets a lot of hate because a lot of people are jealous of him. His business model is brilliant and that's why he makes a bunch of money - he takes all the annoying parts of buying/upgrading an airsoft gun and does it for you. I don't particularly love spending a lot of time screwing with my gun, and wasting money on incompatible parts, so the fact his company is setup so that you don't have to do that is huge, AFAIC.

Whereas with any other sniper you've got to do research and research and then gamble on parts purchasing - with Novritsch stuff you know exactly what you are getting. You want to buy a spring that you know will fit your gun? Easy, not only that but he's got a chart showing what kind of energy to expect out of it. I recently bought his SSP18 and have been very happy with the quality of the gun and instructional videos that are available to me.

If I can't get my current rifle shooting better than it is, I'm probably going to spring for the configuration you just bought. Or maybe an SSG96 - haven't decided yet.
If you want butter smooth boltpull, take off the stock, take off the trigger box, and wrap a sticker around the spring guide stopper (about 2-3 layers) on the part where you see wear. Before you do this mod and after you remove the trigger box pull the cylinder out of the receiver to make sure the O-rings are smoother if they are this mod will work. Put the trigger box back on the receiver, you want a tight fit, but if you can't put it back, remove a layer of sticker.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
A 70 to 85* Maple Leaf hop bucking, from the 2021 line.

The hop arm is the arm that presses on your bucking, and with a molded nub like my diy one you can get better performance out of the arm and chamber.
Gotcha. Preciate the tips.

Guillie suit sounds fun. I am thinking of actually investing in a bipod, too, as there's a few times this weekend it mighta been handy to have one. Im guessing lying prone would be one of them.

How to you attatxh a bipod to the ssg10 A2 stock? It has this lil drilled nub I thought was for a sling attatxhment
Gesture Musical instrument accessory Finger Bicycle part Tints and shades

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Now to answer your question, if you add 3 layers of sticker in a secure way (so it won't slip off or undo), and pull the bolt right to reduce the wear and force on the spring guide stopper, it will last from 1500 to 2000 shots. (depending on how you pull the bolt, and if you're one of those people who like to pick up their gun and dry fire it 20 times inside for fun). Some people will think it is irritating that you have to replace the sticker occasionally. I just look on it as basic maintenance, only takes about five minutes man! But trust me, the results are mind-blowing, even if you pull it violently(you'll wear your sticker a lot faster) it is butter smooth, LIKE BUTTER SMOOTH!!! Just make sure your o-rings aren't causing the problem. Please try this and Get back to me.
I'm good with stickers. Guess I could give that a shot.
Novy's bolt pull instructions sometimes get ignored when I really want to shoot a kid in the balls tho. But yeah I get the mechanics of gripping the bolt as close to the cylinder so you don't torque it. It definitely doesn't feel as sturdy as my .22

Edit: what kind of stickers are we talking about Btw?

·
Super Moderator
4,029 Posts
Gotcha. Preciate the tips.

Guillie suit sounds fun. I am thinking of actually investing in a bipod, too, as there's a few times this weekend it mighta been handy to have one. Im guessing lying prone would be one of them.

How to you attatxh a bipod to the ssg10 A2 stock? It has this lil drilled nub I thought was for a sling attatxhment View attachment 19808
That is for a harris style bipod. Like this one. Bipod V1 - Novritsch | USA

This statement is so... bullshit to put it politely. While part of it is true, there is some good technique to help your parts last longer, it's a pretty big cop out for a product that totes it is "well designed and pre-upgraded." I do not really want to get into that whole discussion on all that.

Reactions: RonSwanson

·
Registered
310 Posts
Don't mention Nov and proper usage techniques as some of the Airsoft world have really learnt Nov can blame alot on user error.

A pre upgraded rifle should have a smooth bolt pull already to be honest. And whilst yes there is a right and wrong way to pull a bolt as long as you are grabbing and using the fill length of bolt handle it shouldn't be an issue for most platforms.

Putting your thumb on the cylinder end cap isn't easy for some people (hand size or scope makes it award) or impossible for some platforms even (srs/hti) and they don't have issues.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Don't mention Nov and proper usage techniques as some of the Airsoft world have really learnt Nov can blame alot on user error.

A pre upgraded rifle should have a smooth bolt pull already to be honest. And whilst yes there is a right and wrong way to pull a bolt as long as you are grabbing and using the fill length of bolt handle it shouldn't be an issue for most platforms.

Putting your thumb on the cylinder end cap isn't easy for some people (hand size or scope makes it award) or impossible for some platforms even (srs/hti) and they don't have issues.
What are your tips for Smooth pull then?

·
Registered
40 Posts
That is for a harris style bipod. Like this one. Bipod V1 - Novritsch | USA

This statement is so... bullshit to put it politely. While part of it is true, there is some good technique to help your parts last longer, it's a pretty big cop out for a product that totes it is "well designed and pre-upgraded." I do not really want to get into that whole discussion on all that.
What do you do for smooth Bolt pull then?

·
Registered
310 Posts
What are your tips for Smooth pull then?
At its core it's a friction issue for a smooth bolt pull, as long as all contact surfaces are smooth (sometimes a light sanding of parts helps varies depending on manufacturers tolerance) and correct grease it used on parts.

Often a cylinder sleeve helps to reduce friction and ensure cylinder/hop align correctly as well for a nice bolt pull. A DIY guide is on this forum somewhere.

Putting stickers on your guide seems like a bad idea overall to me, as it wears but of the sticker may break of and get stuck to the piston or end up in your hop or barrel which will affect accuracy/performance.

Also the glue on most stickers is very "gunky" which may build up and cause air seal issues or oring damage to your piston.

The sticker solution you proposed seems equivalent to cracking an egg in a leaky car radiator, yes it fixes the issue now but its temporary and could cause more damage/wear overall.

Edit: also a lot of new people buy snipers tear them apart and don't put grease/lube on the parts as they accidentally remove it from the system. stock grease is always horrible I've found as its designed.to survive transportation and any condition not for performance.

If a sticker on the guide smoothes your bolt pull it's likely the cylinder guide slot has rough edges (seems to a common issue on Nov rifles from YouTube reviews) or rough spring guide I would feel them see if they seem smooth and greased enough.

·
Super Moderator
4,029 Posts
What do you do for smooth Bolt pull then?
Quite a bit depending on parts and budget. All of my personal rifles have a interference fit sleeve pressed into the receiver and matched to the cylinder. Then I shim the trigger unit for optimal placement. I use 13mm springs over the 9mm springs as the 13mm springs are easier to pull for the energy produced.

Addressing sharp edges on the cylinder, shimming the hopup unit, outer barrel, inner barrel. Polishing.

Reactions: SiliconeSword

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
At its core it's a friction issue for a smooth bolt pull, as long as all contact surfaces are smooth (sometimes a light sanding of parts helps varies depending on manufacturers tolerance) and correct grease it used on parts.

Often a cylinder sleeve helps to reduce friction and ensure cylinder/hop align correctly as well for a nice bolt pull. A DIY guide is on this forum somewhere.

Putting stickers on your guide seems like a bad idea overall to me, as it wears but of the sticker may break of and get stuck to the piston or end up in your hop or barrel which will affect accuracy/performance.

Also the glue on most stickers is very "gunky" which may build up and cause air seal issues or oring damage to your piston.

The sticker solution you proposed seems equivalent to cracking an egg in a leaky car radiator, yes it fixes the issue now but its temporary and could cause more damage/wear overall.

Edit: also a lot of new people buy snipers tear them apart and don't put grease/lube on the parts as they accidentally remove it from the system. stock grease is always horrible I've found as its designed.to survive transportation and any condition not for performance.

If a sticker on the guide smoothes your bolt pull it's likely the cylinder guide slot has rough edges (seems to a common issue on Nov rifles from YouTube reviews) or rough spring guide I would feel them see if they seem smooth and greased enough.
My main concern is I'm afraid I'm going to damage or deform the bolt or its metal housing with the leverage of a rushed pull. If I'm worryed about thats less attention spent on the target

21 - 32 of 32 Posts