Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I bought ssg10 before 5-6 months, pretty happy with it but now I think its time to upgrade it a little bit.
What are the best upgrades to improve my range and accuracy? I am runing it with m170 and little ring (gives me 3.4jule) and shooting 0.48 bbs

I found : x-range bucking 70d , what this upgrade should give me? more accuracy?

What are the other upgrades I can do?

·
Registered
975 Posts
The ssg10 is advertised as “one of the best airsoft sniper rifles on the market” so idk if there’s much you can really do :D. The bucking might improve but I heard for certain Modify buckings you need a special barrel window. I would swap the barrel out for a stainless EdGi barrel and maybe add a tridos tdc or cylinder guide sleeve if you haven’t already!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for your answer , I will buy tdc and sleeve guide for sure.
Edgi barrel should improve my sniper performance a lot? I mean is it worth it to pay 110$ ?

·
Registered
975 Posts
It’s hard to say honestly. The barrels job is to be straight, stable and clean. The factory SSG10 barrel is capable of that. But a lot of us who upgrade these toy guns heavily, split hairs. You can get a tighter bore EdGi barrel which could boost your efficiency. In my opinion EdGis inner barrel surfaces are super to most other barrels. Novritsch used to run EdGi back in the day before he blew up with the huge company. He may still sell the EdGi tuning kits, I’m not sure.

But if you buy and EdGi barrel, and swap out the bucking, you could see an improvement. But will it be the bucking, barrel or both that improved your gun?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand, so I have only 2 choices, better barrel and better bucking ? I think tdc will be great upgrade, cuz right now I have some problems with hop up adj on field...

btw this is crazy, I didnt know that your yt is blindsniper, before 2hours I was checking your videos and I commented haha

·
Registered
975 Posts
Hey thanks for checking out my channel!! In terms of actual performance gains I think that’s about all you can do!! I’d like to see what others have to say though, there are probably other mods or part recommendations out there! The tdc is a great addition, I will never field a sniper rifle with a pain in the ass hop adjustment lol. Other mods would really be for looks or do reduce sound!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the TDC and airbrake pins in my SSG10, works great. You may need to offset the fps loss of airbrakes with fps booster rings (the ones sold by Novritsch). I also plan on purchasing a Stryker piston which is made to be very quiet and customizable as far as weight goes, plus the spring guide. I also recommend adding a few barrel spacers and some filler for the hollow parts of the stock and outer barrel (like foam or cloth) to reduce noise, which is easy enough. Later on you may want to take a look at your cylinder to barrel ratio, I plan on cutting my barrel down a bit to make my gun for efficient with the bbs I use. Cheers from Texas.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have the TDC and airbrake pins in my SSG10, works great. You may need to offset the fps loss of airbrakes with fps booster rings (the ones sold by Novritsch). I also plan on purchasing a Stryker piston which is made to be very quiet and customizable as far as weight goes, plus the spring guide. I also recommend adding a few barrel spacers and some filler for the hollow parts of the stock and outer barrel (like foam or cloth) to reduce noise, which is easy enough. Later on you may want to take a look at your cylinder to barrel ratio, I plan on cutting my barrel down a bit to make my gun for efficient with the bbs I use. Cheers from Texas.
Nov uses a 6.01mm barrel in his ssg 10/96, these are very air efficient and the current theory is that slightly longer barrels are able to be used.

All of the tests on cylinder/barrel on this forum have been with 6.03 or 6.08 barrels.

As long as the bore is good than a 400mm to 410mm 6.01mm barrel should be able to handle 0.48 fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nov uses a 6.01mm barrel in his ssg 10/96, these are very air efficient and the current theory is that slightly longer barrels are able to be used.

All of the tests on cylinder/barrel on this forum have been with 6.03 or 6.08 barrels.

As long as the bore is good than a 400mm to 410mm 6.01mm barrel should be able to handle 0.48 fine.
Hey bro ty for your comment, in your opinion is it worth it to buy Maple Leaf 430mm 6.04 Crazy Jet Inner Barrel ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Why even upgrading any barrels? That would be the least thing to do. Clean the barrel properly and you might reach accuracy levels that migh differ to tuning parts in negligible differences.

Go for the parts that will wear off fast, and taking any advertisement as face value is dumb af... Novritsch is building guns that have a very decent price value. But not everything is at the peak he is advertising. Still the most decent base if you dont want to do much on your rifle.

He is a german youtuber, there might be subtitles availabe. What he basically mentions is that the cylinder rubs against the trigger unit roughening the cylinder and therefore increasing pulling strength needed. And making the pull itself stucking. Some people still report this issue on newer SSG10s. He also send his feedback to Novritsch and they didnt used it on later batches. First review of the gun was many months earlier.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why even upgrading any barrels? That would be the least thing to do. Clean the barrel properly and you might reach accuracy levels that migh differ to tuning parts in negligible differences.

Go for the parts that will wear off fast, and taking any advertisement as face value is dumb af... Novritsch is building guns that have a very decent price value. But not everything is at the peak he is advertising. Still the most decent base if you dont want to do much on your rifle.

He is a german youtuber, there might be subtitles availabe. What he basically mentions is that the cylinder rubs against the trigger unit roughening the cylinder and therefore increasing pulling strength needed. And making the pull itself stucking. Some people still report this issue on newer SSG10s. He also send his feedback to Novritsch and they didnt used it on later batches. First review of the gun was many months earlier.
thanks for the reply, great video, I just whish there is eng subs on it, becaues I cant understand aynthing.. xD

·
Registered
14 Posts
TDC and bucking are the two most impactful upgrades you can do. The difference will be night and day in most cases. SSG10 is pretty much good to go in the rest of the areas - it seals well, trigger is great and if the barrel is straight, any other upgrades will do little to nothing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts