Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a few days i will get my SSG10.
Its a rifle that is good ootb, but there is always room for improvement.

What should i upgrade on the SSG10?

My toughts:
-Inner barrel
-Bucking + nub
-Hop up chamber
-Piston

From the above list what do you guys think is are the best ones to use, and what am i missing in the list?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Just take it apart and clean all of it very thoroughly, and sand down any burrs on the slot in the cylinder.
Other than that, fill the hollow cavities in the stock with foam, and put a big wad of the most dense grease you have, all to reduce sound.

Keep it stock until there is an issue, then try to get that 25 year warranty to fix the issue, or buy an aftermarket version of that part.
Btw, don't bother with upgrading the piston, it's exactly as nice as about any piston you can get elsewhere.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Tdc stands for top dead center, similar to an automotive engine terminology. BUT for airsoft gun it’s essentially a hopup adjustment that applies pressure to the hop arm/nub from the top to the center of the arm. More common on vsrs/sniper rifle platforms. Originally, certain hopup chambers had plastic arms that wouldn’t hold pressure evenly so bbs could potentially curve. AND THEN the aa chamber was born, the best vsr chamber out there (yea I said it) BUT the adjustment is a pain. So a tdc mod allows you to have a convenient adjustment as well. The SSG10 has metal hop adjuster pieces and such, but the TDC is still said to be superior. If you don’t have a curve and your consistency is good, I wouldn’t bother.

If you DO want to do a TDC mod I have a video on my channel under the DIY section!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I probably wouldn’t mess with it other than maybe Teflon seal and a tdc mod.
...agree, plus these:
1) I would make it quieter.
2) I would perform a few bucking tests (between the best known) to see which is best.
3) Camouflage
4) Enjoy the long range kills ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, I am new to the page and have also recently got the ssg10 a2 varient. Sadly before the spring sale where I could've save and extra 100 dollars 😡. But oh well.

My most local field is only letting me use it at 400 fps with a .25g BB max.
Now I have been reading around a lot and have made several modifications to the gun.
List below:

AA hopup chamber
540 crazy jet barrel
60° Autobot or 65° snipetor rhop with sora bucking? Have both
Panthers nub set. Which should I use?
Tridos tdc 2.0.

Now I haven't done much testing or messing with fps adjustments. Does this seem like it will work well for range with fps and bb weight limitations?

Last part is how would you recommend setting up the cylinder for quiet smooth and of course accurate shooting, spring selection, air brake or not, sorba pads. Please any recommendations to help get this fine tuned is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
That sucks about the FPS and BB weight limitations, but you should still be able to compete a bit as long as there is cover that you can carefully shoot through.

For the parts, I am assuming that you own them.
I would recommend the aluminum Panthera nub, rubber nubs sort of suck in my experience, and aluminum is cooler than plastic.

I suggest that you use whatever spring gets you 400 FPS with a .25g BB, and try sanding the cylinder slot with fine sandpaper to reduce sound, wear, and pull effort.

Besides that, complete these two videos and you should be set.

·
Registered
605 Posts
The tridos tdc 2.0 is the easiest tdc to install. I would go with that. All you need is a drill, they send you a bit and a jig to drill in the right spot every time

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you both for the advice. I like the cylinder wrap, But as I already have these laylax sorbo pads, I am wondering if it is still worth doing this custom silicone cushion? If it's better I'll do it instead. I like the tridos slot. It works with the AA hopup chamber great, As well as there customer service. They would email me back with detailed messages about product and other questions within an hour average!

I will be testing soon. I'll come back with results good or bad so maybe others can use or avoid! :alien:

·
Registered
9 Posts
One more question for you Gentlemen!
At 400 fps do you think snipetor rhop will make a significant difference over the Autobot 60° bucking? With all the spare parts I have on hand i can build another rifle for not much more expense down the road. With that said should I wait to use rhop for a 650_700fps build?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
R-hop will perform about the same as a Maple Leaf bucking, but it will last way longer in most cases.
Especially a Snipetor or ElvishTac R-hop as they are cut from tubing, not molded out of some weird rubber

·
Registered
9 Posts
R-hop will perform about the same as a Maple Leaf bucking, but it will last way longer in most cases.
Especially a Snipetor or ElvishTac R-hop as they are cut from tubing, not molded out of some weird rubber
Latest Snipetor r-hop patches for SSG10 (Maple Leaf window cut) and SSG24 barrels now come injection molded from silicone in three different hardnesses. There are definitely other designs that are still cut but personally the new ones look spot on and feels like pure silicone patches to me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys,

Should my inner barrel be as long as the suppressor. I mean is it ok for the supp. To cover my inner barrel by almost 2 inches, or should I cut it the supp. To match the length of the inner barrel? Thanks guys for answers

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
It's fine to have your inner barrel stick out of your outer barrel as long as it is centered using barrel spacers, and is covered up.

With a suppressor you want it to stick out farther than your inner barrel, that way it provides sound suppression if you put in some baffles or some foam.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks. Now with the Nov 130 spring and highest adjuster ring I'm only at 381 with .25 BBS. And it fluctuates. No could I have a leak in my cylinder? I did notice some of the black oring material looks like it shave off and ends up in the bottom of the cylinder. If my piston needs replacing no problem or just new orings that's fine as well. If this is all normal I'll just try the 140 and tinker with that for a few days.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts