Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a few days i will get my SSG10.
Its a rifle that is good ootb, but there is always room for improvement.

What should i upgrade on the SSG10?

My toughts:
-Inner barrel
-Bucking + nub
-Hop up chamber
-Piston

From the above list what do you guys think is are the best ones to use, and what am i missing in the list?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Just take it apart and clean all of it very thoroughly, and sand down any burrs on the slot in the cylinder.
Other than that, fill the hollow cavities in the stock with foam, and put a big wad of the most dense grease you have, all to reduce sound.

Keep it stock until there is an issue, then try to get that 25 year warranty to fix the issue, or buy an aftermarket version of that part.
Btw, don't bother with upgrading the piston, it's exactly as nice as about any piston you can get elsewhere.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Tdc stands for top dead center, similar to an automotive engine terminology. BUT for airsoft gun it’s essentially a hopup adjustment that applies pressure to the hop arm/nub from the top to the center of the arm. More common on vsrs/sniper rifle platforms. Originally, certain hopup chambers had plastic arms that wouldn’t hold pressure evenly so bbs could potentially curve. AND THEN the aa chamber was born, the best vsr chamber out there (yea I said it) BUT the adjustment is a pain. So a tdc mod allows you to have a convenient adjustment as well. The SSG10 has metal hop adjuster pieces and such, but the TDC is still said to be superior. If you don’t have a curve and your consistency is good, I wouldn’t bother.

If you DO want to do a TDC mod I have a video on my channel under the DIY section!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I probably wouldn’t mess with it other than maybe Teflon seal and a tdc mod.
...agree, plus these:
1) I would make it quieter.
2) I would perform a few bucking tests (between the best known) to see which is best.
3) Camouflage
4) Enjoy the long range kills ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts