Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im new to sniping and would like your opinion which one is better ssg24 or ssg10 and which scope
Would you use it on it?

·
Registered
577 Posts
I’d get the 10. Main reason being I like the magazine system better.

Favorite scopes: Discovery VT-1 and Monstrum G2 1-6x24.

You can get cheaper scopes that are just fine though. I paid for the looks, reticule and eye relief.

*edit* Merry Christmas!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I use real steel scope, mainly because I want a parallax free lens. I use a Vortex because of the life time warranty – I still use scope protectors, but the no question asked life time warranty gives me a lot of peace of mind. You do pay a premium for it ($130 to way too much).
I was told utg scope (~$80 to $100) is a good budget real steel scope, but I never had personal experience.
If you want to go lower on the budget scope since you're new, Pinty (~$30 to $50). It is my belief that one of their scope is the OEM one that Novritsch sells and used in his earlier years. Perhaps someone can confirm this?

·
Registered
584 Posts
I use a cheap $50 cvlife scope and it works quite well. Then again, I haven't used pricier scopes, but it serves its purpose. Browse around amazon, you'll generally find decent options.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Ssg10. Lighter, more part support, just as or more accurate.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have several JG vsr10 fully upgraded and I picked up a ssg10 in the Black Friday sale, the SSG10 should s pretty good out of the box, just going to improve it a bit, I did buy it really for the parts.I have shot a few SSG 24 and find the vsr all together better in weight, mag capacity if using AA mags and the plethora of upgrades available

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah thats what i thought.. only thing thats dragging me toward ss24 is expandable stock..

·
Registered
577 Posts
That’s really nothing. Only issue with an improper stock for airsoft I feel is looking through your optic. Adjustable stock is a cool feature but just move your scope if needed. Thousands of people use a standard vsr so in that sense you’ll be fine!

·
Registered
541 Posts
I'd say SSG10. It's essentially a VSR so unless you are already well versed in sniping or just wanted an M24 for whatever reason, the SSG10 is both cheaper and easier to acquire (Novritsch seems to have stopped buying 24 stock for now).

Be beware of quality issues however as that still seems to be a reoccurring issue here and there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts