Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Novvy boi released a limited edition SSG24 with the TAC338 stock. Not gonna lie, it looks sick, but IMO it wont be worth the money he is gonna ask for it. my estimate, its gonna be around 500-600EUR

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Oh most definitely, or maybe Modify did some deal with him or something.
It seriously annoys me when companies try to do things like this, a limited edition product that will likely depreciate in value due to the market being so niche. Watches and cars car get away with this fine for obvious reasons, but I see no real reason to buy this unless you absolutely NEED that stock on your preexisting M24 or SSG24, but I find it silly to buy this when the S1 stock from Maple Leaf and the AntiSniper stocks exist and are rather easily available.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Waiting for the day that people realize these are all airsoft guns and do the same shit with bbs. Everytime a new replica comes out, I don’t mind the products so much…it’s the hype that kills me. The whole “own the field” things makes me cringe. But hey, a huge majority of this sport are children, and that “dominate the field” sensation really draws that in.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
If you really wanted to help "own the field" you'd sell .48g ammo as cheap as possible, and maximize efficiency in all ways for the least price and energy.

I feel now that the SSG10 and other great, popular, and soon to be popular platforms, not many will really care about this.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I doubt Nov stuff will ever be collectable but SSG24 is discontinued and this would be the last of it.
The Tanaka 10/22 I recently bought will not depreciate in value though, together with a bunch of other classic airsoft guns. No matter how niche, there will always be a few items worth owning.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I signed up for the email to buy it, just cause I was curious. The price is $799 which is a ripoff because you can buy a mlc338 for like $600 and get way better performance, or build your own for even less.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Wolverine did the same with the LE forged MTW. The facebook MTW user group was full of people sucking each other off by showing theirs. It's also performs the same as the billet MTW but with 3x the price. It will be the same for these, I bet they will be sold in no time.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
I forgot about the MTW completely, but this is exactly what they did, a "limited" run of "only" 1,000 rifles, which had a good deal of doubt and a good deal of knob jockeys coming out of the woodwork. I feel that MTW owners are a bit of a different breed as you well know, but it is similar enough to how this may be, although it seems more artificial.

I think that the reason I don't dig this is because there's no value in this unlike a third of the current Nov products, and it doesn't do anything cool, it's just another product. I suppose this is business, but I would imagine that a lot of people are equally not interested.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts