Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Gosh diggity dang that's expensive, that's almost 800K for the 1K he made, at a likely very low cost. Hopefully it comes with a cool monkey picture to make the poor bastards who buy this feel better.
Thats better than I expected. They could have made it a thousand and I reckon people would have still bought it.

You gotta remember - people pay hundreds of dollars for rare skins in video games.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Thats better than I expected. They could have make it a thousand and I reckon people would have still bought it.

You gotta remember - people play hundreds of dollars for rare skins in video games.
The rare skins in video games probably hold their value better

Reactions: Akami

·
Registered
201 Posts
I would really want to know the reasoning that justifies this excessive price. Damn vanity & marketing...
Certificate...lol.
This is how to waste money for buying nothing, just some marketing idea, just "air"... I've said it before (after purchasing ssx23 & ssg10 for a friend) about Nov's marketing. It is a very sly marketing.

·
Registered
710 Posts
NFT is nothing but a big scam and shame on anyone jumping onto this bandwagon for either being duped or duping people

·
Registered
775 Posts
I would really want to know the reasoning that justifies this excessive price. Damn vanity & marketing...
Certificate...lol.
This is how to waste money for buying nothing, just some marketing idea, just "air"... I've said it before (after purchasing ssx23 & ssg10 for a friend) about Nov's marketing. It is a very sly marketing.
I think lots of his products are worth it though. The ssx23, imo, is a fantastic gun, especially for the price.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Players are deeply influenced by the power of image(marketing)-videos we' ve all saw these years in Utube by those airsoft players. And followed that "confirmed", proved great shooting path by videos for owing the fields, ONLY if you buy SSGs. They shoot good but not that great as they claim...
Average worth, overpriced and not as good as advertised. There are exaggerations and flaws. At least for ssg10, ssg24 & ssx23 out of the box aren't even close to good tuned-upgraded VSR, Mk23's we've own.

I think lots of his products are worth it though. The ssx23, imo, is a fantastic gun, especially for the price.
I agree with you. I am satisfied with it BUT after I solved the issues...
SSX23 noise is advertised at 47dB. 30dB is noise produced when a human whispers, 40dB is the noise in a quiet room-office. I measured it and is around 70dB with the suppressor. This is an example of deliberate exaggeration. I wrote about it to Novritsch & notify them for incorrect consumer information about a product. They did nothing. Novritsch still claims 47dB.
Another example: Indeed ssx23 is shooting great but not out of the box. There are problems that need to be fixed by user (jamming slide, feeding issues, discs foams, jamming trigger, mag issue with mag release blocking). After these fixes the pistol is indeed shooting very good and silently (when bbs aren't trapped inside the discs foams).

·
Registered
172 Posts
NFT is nothing but a big scam and shame on anyone jumping onto this bandwagon for either being duped or duping people
Thats disingenuous. All it is in this case is a record of ownership - something important for collector items. As the product is marketed as such - and for the younger audience - adding an NFT makes some sense.

Am I advocating anyone go buy crypto? Now is the worst time ever to do so, so obviously not.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Thats disingenuous. All it is in this case is a record of ownership - something important for collector items. As the product is marketed as such - and for the younger audience - adding an NFT makes some sense.

Am I advocating anyone go buy crypto? Now is the worst time ever to do so, so obviously not.
You don't need a thing that's effectively the same thing as a scam to do that (and that NFTs are incredibly shit at doing that).

You just give them a big ass physical framed certificate and that's it. This NFT nonsense is literally just jumping on a bandwagon to scam the vulnerable.

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,540 Posts
NFTs makes sense, as a way of proof of ownership of said "collectors item"
Does this mean that if I screenshot his NFT I get a free rifle?????
All jokes aside, in this case, an NFT does make some iota of sense purely as a mark of ownership: that's why they called it a 'digital identification tag' not an NFT. Now, why you would need one I am not sure. I think that @SiliconeSword partially has the right of it:
I think that it's a poor attempt at being "hip" maybe
The kind of people who are liable to buy this rifle (in general I feel) are also the kind who would enjoy bearing an NFT as proof of ownership. Fundamentally, the rifle is just as gimmicky as the NFT.

You don't need a thing that's effectively the same thing as a scam to do that (and that NFTs are incredibly shit at doing that).

You just give them a big ass physical framed certificate and that's it. This NFT nonsense is literally just jumping on a bandwagon to scam the vulnerable.
The real scam here is the rifle I think.

·
Registered
710 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Well, I will admit, I do like the look of the rifle, but I think you can build something really close to it, by using a MLC338 stock or modifying an M40A3 stock and adding a big ass muzzle brake for the barrel.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts