Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Your not going to be able to use that sight on that rifle. The carry handle isnt removable. There are only a few specific scopes that are designed to fit on an M16 derivative with the carry handle. Found one.

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=32_183&products_id=27191
Nononono... he just needs this rail on top of carryhandle:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ea-carry-handle-mount-base-for-m4-m16.html

Use that & you can use almost any scope on your rifle.
I suggest you get a lowprofile scopemount though. :)

Reactions: king..kranium

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
WE M4 GBB rifles use a proprietory barrel, hopup, bucking, and practically anything else internal, and of course mags.

I would 100% re-evaluate your base-gun choice for a dmr build, since you chose a GBB rifle running on un-reliable Green gas.

I don't think it would be possible converting it to semi, minuse placing a screw in the lower reciver so you couldn't turn to that select fire position.

Mags are expensive as hell, and all leak except for the brand new Gen2 mags which are open bolt, this gun is closed bolt; you will have to buy the conversion kit ($90), which will break, transitioning to RA-tech metal parts will run you $180. This gun is impractical for your wishes.

If, however you are dead set on going GBB rifle path, M4 platform, I can suggest the new KWA M4 GBBR riffles, internals are better, mags are better, and in the long run it will cost you less.

However, any GBBR is an advanced users choice of firearm, the time it takes to maintain it and understand how to fix a problem if it goes down, and it will, is rediculous.

I own a WE M4 GBBR.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It's open bolt. And you can shave the nub off the fire selector switch and voila semi only. Also have you ever been to Louisiana? Around here it tends to get hot and stay that way. Two "cold" months out of the year. Gas is good here bro.

Sent from my MB870 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
241 Posts
It's open bolt. And you can shave the nub off the fire selector switch and voila semi only. Also have you ever been to Louisiana? Around here it tends to get hot and stay that way. Two "cold" months out of the year. Gas is good here bro.

Haha. Same here in Florida.

I love the cold and have been in snow, but down here "cold" is 60 degrees.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Dammit' Mr King Kranium!!
Now you done it!!!

I got the GBB bug.
Buying a KJW M4 GBBR rifle soon.
The good thing about the KJW is that it's AEG kompatible.
So i'm thinking SR 25 frontset,Magpul sniper stock, Harris Bipod, TB barrel, DIY on Hop-up & nice scope.

The only minus is that no "20 rnd mag" awailable...

It's 450-500fps out of the box, so no hassle there :)

EDIT!
Just bought one used, it has only been skirmished for 1 game. 80Dollars
o-ring broke after that.
I e-mailed KJW & got new V.2 bolt from them for 40dollars :)
Nice deal eh?
Now i just need to get the other parts & mags :)

Butt well see...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Lucky dog. And yes the gbb bug. How it bites me even now...
EDIT: How the hell can you get so lucky? A gbb m4 for $80?

A friend bought one... used it for one scirmish.
a o-ring went poop, so he bought a new rifle.

Then he sells me the old one for $80, i buy new bolt directly from KJW for $41 :)
Hahahaha :)

BTW. I've read up on GBBr's a apparently the KJW m4 i supposed to be alot more reliable than the WE one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.