Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you own one? I need some dimensions off of one. For.... reasons.....

·
Registered
755 Posts
The airsoft one from s&t or a real one?
I own neither but I could probably find something as my googlefu is pretty good.
The l2a1 is my favourite submachine gun...

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Either. I need to know how thick the body is, ID and OD, and what the size of the heat guard holes are.

·
Registered
755 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice, but I am not going to buy the plans when there are others available. Right now I am digging threw build threads for E-11 blaster builds. (Partially because I am building something akin to one.)

·
Registered
755 Posts
Nice, but I am not going to buy the plans when there are others available. Right now I am digging threw build threads for E-11 blaster builds. (Partially because I am building something akin to one.)
Isn't there already an airsoft E11?
Also, there are a couple of L2A1 3d models out there. You could download one and then measure whatever you in 3d modelling software.

·
Super Moderator
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is an e-11 airsoft replica. However what I am building a e-11 and even a sterling is not enough. Barrel length for starters.

Fuck it, cats out of the bag. I am building an e-11s. here is the pic of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
755 Posts
The butt stock kinda looks like the butt stock of the g36 dmr.
As far as I can tell, the e11 handguard is portrayed 2 different ways.
1) With ridges presumably to disperse heat.
2) Pipes come out of holes in the handguard.
Not sure how to do the ridges, but the tubing one should be possible.
I would take an aluminum tube and braise brass tubing to it. The holes and tubing look to be somewhere between 6-8mm I guess.
I will try to get a barrel length measurement.

·
Super Moderator
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am not repurposing existing stuff to work on it for the stock bits. I already am working on those parts.

The heat pipes are actually rubber T-track from sliding doors I think. (For hardcore 501st builds, you have to use the stuff and its a bit pricey. like $60-$100 for 12 10inch strips. my build I think needs more then that. not spending that for an aesthetic component that I can dup some other way.)

·
Registered
755 Posts
Does this link to my length calcs work?

Weren't some of the snipers stormtroopers used just the DLT-19 heavy blaster with a scope on it?
In that case you could probably use mg34 measurements.

Reactions: Plazmaburn

·
Super Moderator
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Holy moly that work of yours was an amazing help! About 33 inches long. Petty close to what I mathed out myself.

·
Registered
755 Posts
This picture seems to have tube things rather that ridges. The tube diameter is 0.7cm. This means that the holes are probably around 0.7 or 0.8cm.

·
Super Moderator
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Reactions: DJsnipe

·
Super Moderator
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will say that yes some of the sniper rifles in the movies were basically DLT-19 heavy blasters with scopes on them (dlt-19x and dc-15x), I want something different that I have not seen anyone do.

Overall I chose this for ease of manufacturing, internally im going to hunt down an F2 for a 249, and talk to Polarstar about some components from the UGS or CGS using the 12g CO2 inserts.

I wanted to use the 33g but finding those at a reasonable price is not great. So 12g it is. Plus i can easily get 12g at most of the fields i play at.

·
Registered
755 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts