Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I was debating between a laylax SP150 and an SP170. My questions are: 1. Would the stock trigger assembly be able to handle either of these? 2. I've heard bad things about the pull of the SP170, is it really that bad? Is it going to destroy the assembly? At the least, I'm going to be using .3 g bb's. Which would you prefer? Thanks for all the help.

-Ross

P.S. Merry Christmas

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I am going to assume that being as it is in the CA section that he has a CA M24.

If this is really the rifle that you do have, then the trigger mech will hold up just fine. I had a 300% spring in mine, shooting 610fps, and the trigger held up great.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I have the classic army M24, which is the reason I posted in this section
. Thanks for the help, Woogie (I guess you too, fuzzywolly ::)). Is the bolt pull reasonable while prone with the 170?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the spring came, and its not that difficult to cycle. Theres only one problem, it sounds really wierd when it shoots. It sounds kinda like a loud "crink!" when it shoots. Really springy almost. I was wondering if this was normal with such a high power spring, as I've only gone has high as a 150 before. Any suggestions?

G

·
I had this problem.
The spring i used seemed too long and besides that, it put me over my site limits (500fps).
Once id trimmed a few coils off the spring, the "twang" from the shot went away.
I've been running mine with stock trigger at 500fps for 6 months now

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
iowsniper said:
I had this problem.
The spring i used seemed too long and besides that, it put me over my site limits (500fps).
Once id trimmed a few coils off the spring, the "twang" from the shot went away.
I've been running mine with stock trigger at 500fps for 6 months now
We capitalize our "I"s here, and we put periods at the end of each of our sentences.

I advise you do the same.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I believe the "twang" being heard is caused when the spring is a bit too long(and powerful) (basically agreeing with iowsniper) My theory behind this is simple, because the spring is longer than the cylinder and because it is so powerful the spring, when fired, has room to bend in between the end of the spring guide and back of the piston which will cause each coil of the spring to make a noise and because a good number of coils will do this a twangy sound will be produced. (this sound could also be coming from the spring rubbing/popping off of other parts)

Its kinda hard to explain but what you can do to fix it is:
*get a spring with a thicker wire making up the coils
*check and make sure the spring fits 'perfectly' around the spring guide
*make sure your spring guide does not wobble around in your cylinder
*see if you can mod your piston if it is wobbling in your cylinder

This happened to me with and OLD bar10 of mine when I both stretched the spring(dumb kid back in the day
) and when I installed and upgraded spring. I am not sure if this will work in the CA M24 but the ideas should be the same(and the general function of the two rifles is identical) Also, if your piston slides perfectly flush in your cylinder it should increase the lifespan of your sears. :)

I would advise that you shim your trigger box if possible an try to increase the spring tension on each spring within the trigger box, that might help a bit.

·
Registered
117 Posts
As I said before, I am not completely familiar with the workings of the stock CA M24 but I can show you what I mean tomorrow after uploading some pictures of the trigger unit on my MR-30. The idea is to get all of the pivoting sears and pieces to engage each other while perfectly and evenly aligned by adding shims( commonly these would be tiny washers added in varying amounts on either side of the pivoting part on its axis pin and can also be(usually in hop ups not triggers) a flat 'sheet' of metal or plastic that, in the case of a hop up unit, align the arm evenly and keep it from sliding side to side. But anyways, I will get some pictures up for you soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.