Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

Striker as02 more silent than SRS?

6K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Positivelymac 
#1 ·
I wanna transform my Ares striker as02 for make it more silent than SRS silverback with lout converting it in a gas replica, o want to remain to the bolt action: would it be possible?

What make the SRS so silent?

Strange question I know but I wanna create something that it's cheap and also good.

N.B.: my limit J is 1J would be great to reach at least 50 meters

#2 ·
The srs is as quiet as it is because of it's insane cylinder volume. Getting srs quiet may be impossible, but something close is realistic. You're going to want to aim for as much joule creep as you can, and more cylinder volume. It's expensive, but you may want to look into an edgi nemo kit + SAP. That's probably going to get you the quietest setup possible.

#3 ·
There's a few discussions on this one the Striker Facebook Page about this - the most common ones I see is simply getting a sorbo pad for the piston, others recommend getting the EdGi/SAP piston and cylinder kit, others recommend airbrakes. I can't really vouch for any of them, I cheated and went HPA with a "mock" suppressor ;)

#4 ·
Air brake and a foam filled can are the 2 biggest contributors for quieting down your Airsoft gun. There are quite a few little mods you can do but you’ll notice minimal reduction. Like filling the stock with some form of sound deadening. Ejection port cover. Foam over the inner barrel for the entire length. Adding a suppressor cover can also potentially help, especially with super thin pot metal suppressors. There are other noises too, aside from the actual shot. Like racking the bolt, you want a cylinder sleeve for good alignment and smoothness. A good spring or Teflon spring guide to reduce spring noise. Ive seen people put a rubber pad under the bolt handle when it returns to rested position. I’m sure I’m forgetting some.

#6 ·
Large cylinder volumes require longer barrels, excess air escaping causes noise so as a concept on its own no it isn't quieter.
A large volume can have the advantage in that airbrakes reducing volume aren't as big as an issue and require less powerful springs with longer barrels to get higher power (reducing spring noise and piston slap sound) if your cylinder/barrel ratio is correct for the BB you are using this will reduce your sound profile a lot and is easiest to get right to begin with.

#8 · (Edited)
Larger cylinders results in a quieter gun for a few reasons. Not sure which is the biggest.

1. Larger cylinder means more power for the same spring as you get more air and a longer barrel. This in turn means you can use a lighter spring in a high volume setup to accomplish the same power as a low volume setup with a stronger spring. Lighter spring = quieter

2. The surface the piston hits is larger, spreading out the impact and therefore reducing overall striking pressure, resulting in a less forceful sound. The piston hit is more spread out, resulting in a quieter impact.

3. As the air escape nozzle hole is the same size on high vs low volume setups, as the piston get's closer to the end of the cylinder, there is more air in a higher volume setup to slow the piston and reduce striking force.

#10 ·
That depends on you're budget. Edgi NEMO kits are like $350 or something really really expensive. Otherwise just make sure your barrel is long enough (stock should be fine), get a good supressor on there (I us see the novritsch one but you can get any and fill it with foam. Rage custom makes good supressor inserts), and put a sorbo pad on the cylinder head. Striker might also make a boreup kit but I don't know much about it/whether its any good.

Anither thing you can look into is the tin can mod to reduce the noise from the spring.

#16 ·
Probably not possible even on 1J, the cylinder volume is so small the piston has to traver fairly high velocity, to brake that it looses a big portion of cylinder volume. And yet to mention that its not as solid base as an srs, even the tac41 is little more noisy, with similar setup as an srs, since it has whole lot of hollow spaces and less rigid base.
Best you can do is go for mancraft and hpa it for silence.

#17 ·
You can't.
I had a striker for two years and there is nothing you can do to quieten it down without resorting to HPA.

Airbrakes don't work because the cylinder volume is barely enough to push a 0.30g bb and you would need a stiff ass spring (m120 at least) to get 0.8/0.9J out of it, which paired with the short bolt pull makes an incredibly uncomfortable experience.
Sorbo pads don't do much either.

Best thing you can do is ditch that POS and buy a vsr.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.