Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been slowly gathering parts for my g36 DMR build and I finally got my spring and piston head in along with the p-head and cylinder/cylinder head, so that I could fix my AoE.

Everything was going great and it's all fixed right now, but with the m150 spring, foam padding on the piston head for the AoE and a ball-bearing spring guide, the spring was just impossible to slip into the gearbox.

Long story short, I decided to cut a few coils out of the spring and I've gotten it in now without a problem and the AoE is great and all. But does anybody have any secret tricks for getting a high powered spring into the gearbox shell without breaking something?

I'm running a G&G bearing spring guide which has a screw in the back that prevents me from using a screw driver to slide in there and push the spring in with.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I have a v2 which is slightly different but I can still man handle the thing into the slot. The main thing is to make sure it doesn't buckle in the middle when you're trying to push on it. It'll force your strength in another direction instead of the way you want it to go and you'll end up losing what you've already compressed.

I remember compressing a spring on a scale once to see how many pounds of force was required to compress it. I think for the m130 it was something like 20-30lbs. So think more for the m150. It may not seem like a lot but when sh*t starts flipping around inside the gearbox you'll realize spring tension is much different from dead weight.

when I compress the m150 and put it in without a screwdriver (I use a nail tap because I like the fit better but that's a different story) I take my left hand and hold my thumb on the back of the spring guide and use my pointer finger to hold the top of the spring guide straight. My right hand holds the other end of the assembly down and for support on the gearbox.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I have a SP160 in my G36 and the same bearing spring guide you have. I have found that the easiest way to instal the with the spring is to place the two sides together with the spring and guide hanging out the back. Then put one finger on the cylinder and hold the box open while you push the spring guide in with a screwdriver.

·
Registered
159 Posts
In V2 GB's when installing springs I install the spring and spring guide then I screw an allen bolt with washer into the spring guide with the same thread count and pitch as the spring guide itself.This frees up your left hand entirely,and makes it easier to come down onto the right side of the GB case from the front of the case.When both sides of the case are nearly closed,simply insert an allen wrench into the allen bolt and pry up on the bolt,forcing the set pin on the spring guide into its slot in the right side of the GB case.For V3's,simply install the spring guide into the left side of the case and mark on the backside of the case where the hole is in the spring guide.Remove the spring guide,bolt both sides of the case together,and drill a hole in the back of the case to run your allen bolt through.If your spring guide has no threaded hole,get one that does,its far worth it than reorting to magnets,tape,and other three handed maneuvers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.