Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you look at the ghillie it is very blotchy and has solid colors at many spots. When looking for a ghillie, you would want to look for one that blends and does not look like it has squares of burlap and jute on it.
On another note if you bought that one and than you added more to it, it would be fine.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Littlegoose! I have one similar to that but not that exact one (I couldn't find the link to the one I have). I bought it a long time ago and figured I should be able to make it work. It is ALL jute and no burlap strips really, so I think adding some burlap will help as well. I am probably going to try to modify it to a stalker suit. I don't find a full ghillie too practical. Especially when it gets hot out.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I would find one that is completely tan based. Then add vegetation to match the environment.

If you cannot make a ghillie, the easiest option would be to go simple tan. All you have to do is add veg. Or find one that matches your environment. The problem with option two is the fact that if you were to change where you play, and the environment was different, it will be harder to customize say a green/brown ghillie to match a desert environment. By going with the tan based ghillie, you can match any environment you want with veg.

·
Registered
19 Posts
"I would find one that is completely tan based. Then add vegetation to match the environment." +1 to that!

If your looking for a full ghillie, consider where you spend most of your time when you're sniping. If I'm playing on a bigger field, I spend most of my time face down in the dirt, so anything on my front just gets in the way. I prefer my crawl suit with padded panels on my front for those days.

If I'm playing a smaller field or running a more scoutish role, I prefer to toss on my stalker suit with limited base cover and a lot of natural veg.

One thing to do with any store bought ghillie is to match the colors to your terrain. Most of the store bought ones I see are too dark for the areas people play in. Don't be afraid to yank out some of that jute and slap on some burlap.

Another great way to improve a store bought ghillie that alot of guys just don't think about is to toss that sucker in the mudd! As Fuzzy's sig says; "No one likes a clean ghillie!"

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all of you! Unfortunately the ghillie when I bought it did match my field, but as Fuzzy said, I changed fields haha... I am probably going to cut it up and use parts of it to make either a crawl or stalker suit. I may end up just picking up a tan one and starting that way. And yeah, it is definitely going in some mud!

+1 to all of you who have helped me out! (This is probably the single most friendly AND helpful airsoft community I have ever been a part of!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.