Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey I am looking into getting a better pistol for winter play. Any decent electric or non-blowbacks (I understand they work better during the winter?). I currently have a K98 pistol but it just doesn't work well during the winter.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well generally Green Gas doesn't seem to work as well during the winter. But also I have found that blowbacks are nice because of their effect or realism BUT the extra gas expended to move the slide causes a lost in power. So from what some people have told me non blowback pistols don't move the slide hence more gas is expended in moving the round instead of the round and the slide. I am just wondering if this will help the gun work more effective in winter time? Or does it make no deference what time of gas pisol you use?

·
Registered
119 Posts
We have it clear that gas pistols don't work well in winter. Some fields don't allow C02, so that might be out of the question. It seems that you should go for an electric. But you need to remember that winter is just one season, so are you getting a pistol just for winter or just a completely new one?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Oh, okay then. But, how much of a difference is green gas to CO2, they are both gasses and they both lose pressure in cold weather? If you really don't want problems at all in cold weather, than just buy an expensive electric pistol.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Just got a chinesey copy of the TM Glock 18c, as over here its cold for half the year, F***ing cold for 1 quater and reasonably warm the rest ;) it is reasonable in feel and power, about 170 fps out of the box, with a range of about 20 ft. with a bit of tinkering it should go out to our 30 metre MED :) Yet to be combat tested though ;) good thing about it is you can get the hi cap mags for it, holding 60 or so rounds, though they are very long when in the gun.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Green gas HFC G17 Blow back. Its handled fairly well, granted I haven't shot it much during the winter. One of my team mates had a green gas and as most know it doesn't like the cold much, got to the point of holding the mag in his hand to keep the gas warm till he would take a shot then pull it out and hold it again.

As for Green Gas vs. CO2. my only other pistol is a CO2 glock. 'fraid I don't know the make. Some off brand I bought years ago at Dunhams sports. The CO2 definitely shoot harder then the green gas. It is a non blow back. As far as weather has been concerned, I have had little to no issues with temp.

Agreed though, blow back does look cooler even though it expends a bit more gas for the blow back function. If you worried then about gas getting expensive, CO2 is cheap. Least, I think it is... Green gas tends to be a bit more expensive. So your options there are, eat the price and buy the gas, or buy an adapter and go to propane. Just make sure your vigilant about adding oil to your gun as that is what green gas is, propane/oil mix.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
vindicare, is that what happens when a pistol meets nightstick? xD =D

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The the one i have is the Cyma version, FPS out of the box is 170, range about 20 ft, accuracy is resonable.

After i gave it some luv by ptfe taping all the hop and cylinder, cleaning the hop rubber and fitting a slightly heavier spring, FPS - 190, Range - 30 ft, Accuracy - bloody good considering the power ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.