Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to get my first airsoft sniper rifle this summer after I sell my paintball gun on ebay. Because I don't have that much money to spend I am going to get the JG BAR 10. I heard that it is a very high quality clone, and it is fully upgradeable. I made a list of parts and upgrades/mods that I am going to put into this rifle, so take a look and tell me what you think.

I found out that with the cylinder in the BAR 10, you can do a free mod that consists of cutting down the airbreak and it will make the rifle shoot from originally 350 fps, to about 410 fps.... or I think even about 500 fps. I will probably do this mod and get some other parts for it. Here is a list that I made. Tell me what you guys think of it.

-Laylax PSS10 Zero Trigger NEO CYLINDER SET - $153.00
-Laylax PSS10 Air Seal Damper Cylinder Head - $23.00
-Laylax PSS10 Ball Bearing Spring Guide - $25.00
-Laylax PSS10 170 Spring - $19.50
-Laylax PSS10 6.03mm Inner Barrel (555mm) - $49.80
- Nine Ball Wide Use Air Seal Chamber - $12.90
-Homemade steel silencer (I already made one for my pellet gun and I'm going to use the same concept for an airsoft rifle)
-I'm going to add some foam to the trigger system to quiet down the trigger noise. (more on that on the web page that I will give in a second)

All these mods and upgrades will run up to $320 - $350 with 6% tax and shipping.
(I will probably save up for all of the parts at the same time so that I will only have to pay for 1 shipping cost)

I'm going to keep the stock hopup because the stock hopup has a V-hop. - I heard they are pretty accurate-

Thats it for all the mods and aftermarket upgrades that I want to get so far.

Tell me what you think of my list.

Thanks for all the support you guys are giving me.

Here is the website that I found some of the upgrades for. (hint- the JG BAR 10 is by the bottom of the page. The guy did a whole entire review on it.) http://groups.google.com/group/asgar/web/sniper-rifle-mini-reviews--new-releases

Thanks
-tacosrgr8

·
Registered
283 Posts
Don't waste your time with new trigger sears, just get yourself a Zero Trigger set, and be happy that you did. I would get a Nine Ball hop up rubber, very consistent, with great accuracy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks OaKeY. I will get a Zero Trigger set. Do you have any suggestions on which one I should get? I will update my list too with a zero trigger set.

Thank you so much,
-tacosrgr8

·
Registered
283 Posts
Laylax is the only company that makes a Zero trigger, so I would say go with them.

Here's a list of what you should get, to get your rifle to pretty much perfect.

PSS10 Zero Trigger w/Neo Piston-$153

http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=17019

PSS10 Spring Guide w/ Bearing-$25

http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=16574

PSS10 Sp170(550fps)-$19.50

http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=15447

PSS10 Teflon Cylinder-$93.00

http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=17927

PSS10 Air Seal Damper Cylinder Head-$23.00

http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=16572

Along with the Nine Ball Bucking.

Now, you don't have to get the Teflon cylinder or the Air Seal Damper Cylinder Head. The stock cylinder should hold up just fine, you'll just have to drill out the pin that holds the cylinder head onto the cylinder, in order to access the internals. It's fairly simple, but takes finesse.

·
Registered
131 Posts
big suppressors are awesome, but do keep in mind that if your not adding a TB through the length of it, it is simply just useless length on the end of your rifle. Spring rifles are already very quiet, so you can only suppress it a little bit more. A suppressor that is no more than 100mms can just about fully suppress your rifle, so before you add a massive suppressor to your rifle, just keep in mind that the bigger you go, the more restricted your movement will be!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Most of the suppressor is going to be over the original outer barrel, and with the little added length from the 435mm TB I will make the suppressor stick out just a little bit. I think the way I make my mock suppressor will actually suppress the rifle just a little bit. I will get a piece of 1'' PVC or 1.5'' PVC, and when I put it over the barrel, I will straighten it around the whole barrel as best as I can. Then I will take out the inner barrel and start spraying insulation foam inside the suppressor and around outer barrel (I'm going to clog the outer barrel so none of the insulation gets inside). Then I will drill a hole through the foam and then reassemble the whole barrel. Hopefully, if I did it straight enough, the BB won't hit the side of the suppressor. and I will make the hole a bigger then the size of the inner barrel.

Tell me if you think the insulation idea is a good one.

Thanks a lot,
-tacosrgr8

·
Registered
283 Posts
Looks good, although the trigger isn't all that loud. Most of the noise comes from the piston hitting the cylinder head, and the escaping air from the muzzle, which will be toned down by the silencer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you can, can you tell me what shipping would cost for all of these items? I have no idea what an Asian website shipping cost would be. Hopefully no that much.

Thanks again for all your advice and help.

-tacosrgr8

·
Registered
283 Posts
When I ordered my parts, there was some sort of sale going on, something like 10% of all items. So with that figured in, it only cost me $10 to ship everything, compared to what it would have been.

I would guess somewhere in the ballpark of $30-$50 for shipping to the states.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.