Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, a very good friend of mine gave me a rifle for free. I believe it to be a Sun Project. On the side of the rifle barrel, it has Remington 700, and Sun Pro Japan on it, on the other side, it has a serial number. A friend of my friends bought it years ago, and when it got to customs, they tore it to pieces. It has never been fired. He found it in a box in his garage, and passed it to me for free. I believe its the TGC version, because of the gas bolt? Finding info for this gun is proven difficult, anyone know what kind of upgrades it would take? Or where I can get replacement parts?

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
You are very lucky to get a rifle like that if it is indeed an SP M40. You should post pictures here so we can verify for you.

Hmm, that is a tricky one.

Upgrades are pretty limited to what you can find of PDI from that era. Replacement parts are either upgrades or what you can get a machinist to make for you.

Check out Classicairsoft.org the people there are very well versed in these kinds of things, and I believe there are some posts on the SP M40 and what parts it takes.

·
Administrator
6,266 Posts
Hi.. As Cheese man said we're gone need some photos to verify which gun is it, the M40A1 or one of the two XB versions.
Parts are not interchangeable between versions I'm afraid so you'll have to be careful with your buys.

There are a few parts available but take close photos of what you have and we'll see what's missing.

Wolf

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is the rifle as a whole.

Here is the mag well. The guy that gave it to me said something about a gas cylinder being missing?

Trigger assembly.

After taking the stock off.

Im scared to really tear into it, because I cant find a assembly/disassembly guide. I know its not functioning now, but I dont want to mess up any chance that it might actually work.

·
Administrator
6,266 Posts
Nice ...
It seems it's the same as mine! M40XB older version with fixed hop up(3 o rings).

Take out the cylinder to have a look at it.
Remove the pin that holds the sear and then unscrew the 2 screws that holds the trigger group, then the cylinder slides out.
Take a couple of pics of the cylinder?

Also does it shoot?

Wolf

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Is there a company that makes upgrades for this rifle? Id like to actually make it skirmishable if possible. It was no wear and tear on any of the parts, they just need to be cleaned. The guy said the gas cylinder? was missing though. Im not sure though, ive never been inside a gas rifle. Do you know for sure what version of the rifle it is Wolf? By the pictures?

·
Administrator
6,266 Posts
From the location of the magwell, trigger group and sear looks like it's the older version of XB. If the hop up is fixed, if there's no adjustment screw or something it's the older XB for sure, though there's the possibility to have the PDI hop up.

There or no upgrade parts available, at least nothing fir the gas cylinder! You can find some springs and cylinders for the spring version but nothing else, PDI has some parts, though some are for the new XB (they don't fit).
You should be careful on what you buy because of the compatibility issues between the different versions.

Wolf

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My rifle doesnt look like this pics? I dont know if I want to mess with this project or not. Is there anyway i could convert the stock to fit one of my vsr's? Or maybe you could use the parts wolf?

·
Registered
205 Posts
That looks like it has the adjustable hop (brass block with bolt screwed into it in front of the mag well). My M40XB had the same sliding adjuster.
I miss that gun :(
Sell it to me!
Redwolf have original SP mags in stock or some L96 mags fit (do a forum search, I'm nearly sure I mentioned it in a thread somewhere). As for gas cylinder parts, check the Hong Kong shops (WGC, UNCOMPANY, dentrinity etc. etc.) to see if you can find the parts you need. None of them will be in stock, but at least you'll know what it is you need to ask for on the forums.
That is a classic rifle you have. Do not do anything stupid with it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.