Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Mine was the m40xb new version with upgraded cylinder and hop.
Kaneee's is a M40A1 TGC with adjustable hop.
All Sun Project rifles are classics as far as I am concerned, I don't give a sh#t when they were made.

·
Administrator
6,187 Posts
The older BV guns are considered classics... It may be for classic but in the vast majority of people who own classics it's not, some say it's neo classic but I don't think this term is valid, the only SP M40 that could pass as rare and "classic" is the very first version, the M40A1 with the short cyliner as it was prodused in limited number.
I happen to have some classics and one of these is the Asahi M40.

As for when they're made judges if they are considered classics or not.

Wolf

·
Registered
2 Posts
parts

Hi.. As Cheese man said we're gone need some photos to verify which gun is it, the M40A1 or one of the two XB versions.
Parts are not interchangeable between versions I'm afraid so you'll have to be careful with your buys.
Do you mean that the parts aren't interchangeable between all 3 versions, or just between the m40a1 vs XB versions? Will the pdi hop from xfire or k2 ib + hop from den for the old version of XB work for the new version?

·
Administrator
6,187 Posts
The new XB is already equipped with adjustable hop up (though from what I read not good enough) and the PDI won't fit, not entirely sure why but I've asked Xfire about it.
Basically I don't know if anything is interchangeable, the sear is different, the cylinder is also different...
The rarer version of all is the M40A1, it's easy to recognize it from the location of the mag, which is closer to the trigger and the metal piece that surrounds the trigger and magwell.
This is the TGC, it looks like the A1 except the gas cylinder(there are gas cylinders available and fir the XB)

And the XB

Wolf

·
Registered
33 Posts
I reckon mine was originally a TGC, I can't get my head round how the hop works though?

In mine, the only thing I can find resembling a hop is in the barrel, it's like a plastic collar that you drop into the reciever end of the barrel? So i'm guessing this must be the fixed type?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
The fixed type of hop up will have I think 3 o-rings around the barrel. If not the cylinder will be brass and may have a small little "nub" that pushes down on the bucking, though it is an adjustable you have to take the entire rifle apart to adjust it.

If you don't want the rifle jack let me know ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Cheers guys, I'll get pictures in a second.

It seems to be different to what you guys are suggesting I think
as there are no o-rings just a white cylinder about 1cm long that sits in
the inner barrel, I was thinking maybe this was some kind of fixed hop?

Wolf, your handle is packaged and RTG sorry for the wait mate.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hrmm, I have the two O-rings on the outside of the barrel for the 'bucking' then the
little o-ring I suspect sits behind the white collar shown in the picture?

Pictures to follow. I also have the PDI adjustable hop, but no pieces for it and someone
seems to have cut out the groove alot.

·
Administrator
6,187 Posts
Mine has similar setup though I haven't the white plastic piece... But I haven't opened the chamber yet!
I'm still making mags for it!

I'm not so sure about the compatibility between APS2 - M40A1... I think I've read somewhere that the M40XB is compatible with the APS2 but I can't verify it as I don't own an APS2!

Wolf

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.