Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well I've looked around and I haven't found any threads on this forum about doing cheap sunshades for scopes.

Sunshades for scopes are important because of not only the most obvious problem, glare but some more often not thought of reasons that can all be connected to two words, Black Hole. A Black Hole is what you scope would look like if you looked at it head on. It is very noticeable, it is noticeable because there is nothing perfectly circular or perfectly black in nature.

Here's a good article on cheap sunshades.
http://ezinearticles.com/?Wilderness-Survival---Hide-Your-Sniper-Scope&id=2714505

·
Registered
807 Posts
I think that the OP was just mistaken. I read through his link since I am going to be making some kill flashes for both of my scopes, and the link describes various ways to make kill flashes.

toomanybbs: I would also be very interested in how you made that since it looks a lot cleaner than a birdsnest and would still work if you wanted to take off your rifle ghillie.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I have been using drain screen ;)

You can get the metal sheets for like $2.00 for 4 or 5 pieces. Or go to a hardware store and get some screen door repair kits. Paint them how you want and attach to your scope with 550 cord.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Since we are all pitching out ideas, I might as well let you fella's know how I do my killflashes.

I take some one inch netting and place it over the scope, overlapping another piece of one inch netting, and rubber banding it to stay on. Works pretty well, and is easy to do.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've made a killflash similar to toomanybbs's by gluing a bunch of cut-up disposable plastic straws together to cover the front of the scope. Someone wrote a more complete guide on Airsoftretreat if I remember correctly, I'll see if I can dig it up.

·
Registered
807 Posts
On another note (since toomanybbs is going to make a seperate thread) has anyone tried any of the methods suggested in the OPs link? I was thinking about trying the stocking one since it would only take about 3 sec. and cost $1.50...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.