Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys ... as a few of you know, i ordered this rifle a few weeks back.. And upon talking to my lovely wife... IT IS SITTING AT HOME..
WOO HOOO

Now what i was wondering was ... I am probably not gonna be doing a lot of full auto shooting, which is fine with me. What i would like to do is get it up to around the 500 fps mark in semi auto. I am fairly new to the game and would like to do it right the first time and not screw anything up.

So....... what parts would you guys recommend? I know that i am already gonna have to modify the rifle so it can only fire on semi, and that shouldn't be a big problem... It is just the gears, spring, piston and all the other goodies that i am pondering.

Any help would be great. I want to be able to do this project do it right, but not spend a ton of money on it ....

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
If G&G's weapon is even a bit like TM I think you must buy that funny little Lego (nickname for a machinery part in Finland) which makes your weapons firing speed lower so it will not "shoot air" on like every second time when shot. (My TM does that and I'vent yet bought that Lego...
)

MOD:

A WOOD STOCK! that's what you MUST get on your M14! Specially if you make it semi only.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i actualy have a wood stock at my house i was thinking about putting on it ... the only this is that it is from a real M14.... so i am sure that i will have to do some cutting and sanding ... but it will be worth a try..

·
Registered
974 Posts
woogie said:
the only this is that it is from a real M14.... so i am sure that i will have to do some cutting and sanding
You're right, dremeling, sanding, cutting. But the payoff is awesome. And it has been done before so at least you can message people on other forums like Arnies and Airsoft Retreat to see what problems they had and if they have any tips. You can also buy chestnut and walnut wood stocks made for airsoft M14's but if you already have one I say go for it!

But just in case you're curious about the pre-made ones, here's a link:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=1411

And now for parts. You can't just throw a high tension spring in your gearbox and call it a day. You're going to need to upgrade a couple other things as well so that your gearbox doesn't commit suicide under such high tension brought on by high powered springs. I'll try to make you a list when I get a minute.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Real wood stocks are good, but i took mine off as i couldnt get on with the slightly thicker hand grip than the the plastic one, plus you cant paint it nice and camoflagey like a plastic one ;) real wood is for vietnam re-enactors, (the reason i got a real wood stock)painted plastic is for airsofters ( I've given up re-enacting ;) ).

As a start for your parts list, in mine I have;

G&G upgade piston, piston head and cylinder head set (not sure if they still sell this )
Madbull version 2 6.03 500mm barrel
Guarder 70% rubber (recommended for M120-M150 springs)
Home made V nub, made out of a pen ink tube
M140 spring cut down to give 350 fps (bloody british laws
:(" title=":mad:" border="0"/> )
Systema steel gears
7mm bushes
9.6v battery

I recommend you teflon tape the hop completely .ie rubber to barrel, plastic clip to barrel, I imagine they still use the steyr aug hop so take off the retaining clip and adjusting wheel then tape where the wheel goes on, push the wheel back on, then tape where the retaining clip goes on and re clip it back on, then wrap the whole end in tape where the hop goes into the breach. you only need 1 or 2 layers per operation and it is well worth the effort as it completely seals the hop with no possible leakage.

While you have the tape in your hand, if you deciede to go with the mad bull barrel, it is a bit loose in the outer barrel so at several places along the barrel make some spacers from the tape before you put it back in.

I also used to have Systema Super High Torque gears in mine, modified to give a short stroke piston, but it meant having to cut part of the G/box case away and it made trigger response very slow, so now i use standard steel gears with the short stoke piston mod on it, which increases full auto rate of fire, if you use such crudities ;) , and more importantly trigger response time

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey thanks vind... that was what i was looking for
i know the rifle i got, from airsoftextreme.com, already had the tightbore, 9.6 battery and some different stuff inside...i can't remember now.

I don't think i am gonna be using the full auto all to much ... but then again i probably will to just scare the bajesus out of my dad

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Both mine are the version 2 gear box which meant you had to put steel gears in pretty much as soon as you bought it or they would strip. If yours is a sparkly new one of a new batch then it has the version 4 box in which i hear they have upgraded to take out all the niggles and quirkes out of

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.