Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to upgrade a aug, and I need some help.

I`m looking at ether a JG or ASG. I am more or less going to dump the internals into the garbage so I need a strong body.

What do you folks say.

thank you

·
Registered
5,095 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Explain how a duel sector gear works and what it will do for this setup

·
Registered
755 Posts
A dual sector gear has teeth on the top and bottom whereas a single sector gear only has teeth on the top. This means that a dual sector gear will cycle twice as fast. This reduces the length of the sound signature for every shot. Unfortunately, it also halves the cylinder volume making the gun less powerful and reducing air volume. This means you have to use an m150 spring. This may increase the amount of noise your gun makes, so you might end up with a lounder sound over a much shorter period of time.
It also puts a lot of stress on your gearbox.
Furthermore, it means that you are unable to use the Lonex Spiral Gear set as you need to pair a dual sector gear with normal gears. For most dual sector gears these are either 18:! or 16:! gears.
Siegtech does produce 12:1 and 10:1 dual sector gears.

·
Super Moderator
3,669 Posts
It also puts a lot of stress on your gearbox.
Furthermore, it means that you are unable to use the Lonex Spiral Gear set as you need to pair a dual sector gear with normal gears. For most dual sector gears these are either 18:! or 16:! gears.
Siegtech does produce 12:1 and 10:1 dual sector gears.
Um.. what? I use a lonex spiral bevel on mine no problem...

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
I also use the Lonex Spiral Bevel with my SHS 18:1 DSG.
They do have less volume and you do need to use a bigger spring but the big spring does not get fully pulled back. So it does not put that much extra stress on the GB. There is a little but not too much.
I have the DSG in my little m4 and the gearbox runs really smooth and quiet. But since it is a very short gun, it lets out a lot of noise though the barrel. I have been tempted to lengthen the outer barrel and add a silencer to see how quiet it would be.
So I am not 100% sure that the DSG is the right way to go for a quiet gun but it may be. I need to experiment some time to see how quiet it can be.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Um.. what? I use a lonex spiral bevel on mine no problem...
I had read that you could not use a lonex spiral gear with a non-spiral dsg gear. It appears that my info source wrong.
Learn something new everyday...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I will go with the super shooter 13:1 gears with the lonex gear and a pre-cocking mosfet.

Reactions: 1tonne

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Best pre-cocking mosfet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How about a Nukefet?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Warfet is the most reliable option, however, I have heard very good things about the perun optical mosfets. It is now Negative Airsoft approved...

·
Registered
755 Posts
I think I will go with the super shooter 13:1 gears with the lonex gear and a pre-cocking mosfet.
I have heard that Super Shooter gears aren't very good. SHS are better.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I've got a perun optical. It's basically a cheaper gate titan. I'm lovin it, but I've heard it has problems in DSG's.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I can’t post hyperlinks here

But go on youtube and look up “rogue studio dsg”. His first two videos are full of information. While I haven’t built a DSG, the tips he gives in these and other videos has helped me trouble shoot a massive amount of issues on my AEG.

As blackdog stated, I would go with the tried and true SHS gears, 13:1 are fairly easy to source, but you could pick up 12:1 from aliexpress (however it’s 2 to 4 weeks wait)

As sodium said, I have heard some folks having slight issues with perun for DSG. I don’t know if perun has a sensitivity adjuster, but my gate aster (and I would imagine gate titan too), has it and it has allowed me to make a hair trigger (that is to say, the best allowable hair trigger an optical set up can give you). As a sidenote, take up distance is fantastic, however the over travel is meh, this is because if you make it too short, you run the risk of double or triple firing.

Reactions: Airsofting farmer

·
Registered
755 Posts
I would second the recommendation of watching rogue studio's vids. His channel is where I found out about perun mosfets.
I have ordered a perun v2 optical and am waiting for it to arrive
Pairing it with a maxx model speed trigger in an otherwise stock cyma platinum gearbox.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you I will get a warfet mosfet and shs 12:1 gears.

·
Registered
207 Posts
@ airsofting farmer

It appears atlanta airsoft currently has the shs 12:1 gear in stock for 25 dollars - I'm not sure what they mean by 2014 edition thought...

If you aren't in a rush and want to save yourself a few dollars, the aliexpress vendor I used for my shs 12:1 was sinairsoft official store. Mine came with SHS packaging (as did other parts I ordered) so I have to assume it wasn't a knockoff (I'm often wary of chinese vendors).

Is the warfet mosfet you're looking at ~$55 dollars? I would consider the perun, aster, or titan if it's $55 dollars, for a little more money you'll get alot more features. Mind you, it's a little bit of a learning curve to install optical sensors

I use to think hair triggers were a gimmick...until I tried it and saw how helpful it was

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Brill armory has them for $20. But thank you.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts