Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So- how do I go about suppressing the MP7? I have a mock suppressor that has everything I need as far as a body/shell- inner and outer tubes with threaded end caps and simple foam between them.

So what do I need to do to really suppress the gas noise? Make some spacers/baffles to compartmentalize the foam and absorb the escaping gas? Any ideas where to start?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have read that it is best to use dense foam and like soft foam and just do dense, soft, dense, soft. I have also shot the MP7 with the QD suppressor and it was super quiet

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are some pics of candidates:
Stubby Suppressor (from my CQB M4)

MP7 w/ M4 QD Flash Hider

MP7 with QD Suppressor attached

MP7 with AMP Tracer Suppressor

·
Registered
218 Posts
Is there really that much you can suppress as far as internals? I imagine because its a gas gun and the metal parts cycling it might be difficult if not impossible?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, my only experience with suppressors are my real 9mm YHM Cobra M2 on my 226 and M&P AR22- and that is a whole other ball game. :( So I'm trying to understand where the gas escapes on this GBB (besides the obvious barrel)- I imagine you're right and I should perhaps tape over the ejection port, but if that is the case, will it affect the cycling/usability on this?

The metal slide cycling makes relatively negligible noise in the real models, I imagine the same here. The issue for me would be to create baffles inside a mock suppressor and change the foam insid to absorb gas, I guess?

·
Registered
91 Posts
The majority of the noise will be escaping from the ejection port. Basically that is a direct pathway to all the moving parts and the gas escaping from there makes a lot of noise on it's own. In short unless you have a way to cover that opening (perfect way would be foam and a box with holes drilled into it covering the whole port) to basically suppress the noise coming out of it. How you would want to go about doing this is up to you. The main ways I can think of would either look really tacky or you would have to permanently modify the gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.