Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm making a ghillie suit and I just bought a Condor one. I usually just wear Flecktarn or MARPAT, a hat with sniper mesh, and gloves.

Some popular YouTube airsoft snipers hardly wear a ghillie suit at all, and the US Army sniper manual shows a ghillie suit that's much different than your typical store-bought airsoft sniper costume. (It has canvas instead of ghillie material on the parts of the body that touch the ground during a crawl.)

We should get an idea of how airsoft snipers on here view the ghillie suit. Here are some questions...

Do you have a ghillie suit? If yes, did you buy it or make it? what does it cover?
(Whole body, front & arms, head, etc.)
From 1 to 10, how often do you wear the suit?
(10 = every game, 0 = never)
From 1 to 10, how much of your ability to hide from opponents comes from your suit?
(1 = hardly any, I mostly use cover; 10 = without my ghillie suit I might as well be painted blaze orange and decorated with Christmas lights)
Add anything you want... amount of experience might be good, as well as the type of terrain you play in.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments so far.

StealthFundip: If you're willing to use spray paint, check out the color chart at Liquitex (link to color chart at the bottom). There are 100 colors, most of which were only available for airbrush use until a few years ago. I'm not sure how you'd do it with dye.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.