Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow SVD owners!

I'll first start that I own an Echo1 CSR. In the past I've used the proprietary SVD clamp on bipods available at most airsoft retailers. However, I like many of you I'm sure, find that these are fairly clunky and definitely far heavier than I care for. (Considering there lack of most modern bipod features.)

I'd love to use something like a smaller Harris bipod for quick and easy deployment, so I'm weighing my options.

The first of which is a bipod adapter. Most of these clamp on in the standard area in front of the magwell. However, these are usually homemade, or cost an arm and a leg. ($200-400) Are there any airsoft replicas of these out there?

Here are some example shots of the real-steel variety. Some are quiet beautifully made:

My other option is to mount a rail or Harris adapter in the underside of my polymer foregrip, which is tricky as it splits vertically for battery access, and might crack under pressure. I have seen this done however, so are there any of you that have examples? I've seen OB1 of team Instigators do such a mod to his, but I question how he swapped batteries with it integrated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I do notice that he was using a peq box on the side, so he possibly moved his battery to the box and then kept the foregrip together with his bipod through those ports?

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
I like #3, and 4 seems a little hard to see on my phone. All I did was buy a mossburg rail, I believe for a 500. If I remember correctly, it had the exact curve to mount on the front of the handguard. Also, currently on my M14, I have bipod legs that mount on the side of the hand guard via rails. Not as cool as the King Arms version, but still cool.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts