Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a SWS X28 (I assume it is similar to most M28 or M24) which I have upgraded with the following:

FALCON 6.03 Eight Rifling Precision Inner Barrel Set for KS M24 Sniper (517mm)

Angel Custom Airsoft Hopup Bucking w/ V-Shape Teeth Technology

After the upgrades, the accuracy is a little better (I get a more consistent pattern), but the bbs are still curving to the right most of the time...20% straight, 80% curve to the right. I actually adjusted the windage on my scope to the curve and I get a pretty good pattern out to 190 ft with .30 bbs. But, obviously this is the wrong way to do this.

Does anyone know how to adjust the hop-up assembly and/or barrel to reduce (remove) a curve to the right?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Check to see if the bucking is damaged at the "v-teeth." If it's healthy, then it's probably an installation alignment issue of the bucking and/or inner barrel.

OR

A dirty inner barrel that needs cleaning.

The bucking/inner barrel alignment is more likely your problem, but you might as well clean your inner barrel if you haven't for a long time.

BTW, since you're using the Falcon TBB, what FPS are you running at? This might be affecting the BB accuracy, but not necessarily the hop curve.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I will be "anal" and clean and re-align everything.

After the upgrades, shooting about 500 rounds and playing in a war, and then cleaning the barrel, I tested it and this is when I got greater consistency, but the curve remained.

The gun is rated at 530 with 0.20.

Airsoftmegastore tested at 440 using 0.30.

I don't have my own chrono, nor do I know anyone with one (local field doesn't have one).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, so I am a rookie hack and have never cut a spring down.

I am not even sure what spring is in the gun (it is hard to find specs on it), but would it be best to buy a new lighter spring to see if it helps instead of actually cutting the stock spring?

If so, any guesses on which spring might currently be in the gun with this kind of fps?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Maybe cut the spring down a bit, that extra fps is destabilizing the bb.
There is no reason to reduce FPS, i would just go for heavier bb's.
At 530fps i would suggest .4 gram bb's, King Arms ones works good.
It should atleast reduce the curve.

My rifle is at 670fps with .2 bb's & there is no curving.
The curve is probably coming from Hop-up.
I suggest making a new hop "nub".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks SixCell and Wolfgeorge.

I have tried .36 and .43 and both need full hop-up to even reach 200 feet. They curve slightly less, but seem to drop too fast. On full hop-up, they seem to be less consistent (much larger pattern than the .30).

Also, for these old eyes, I had a hard time seeing the .36 (green) when shooting into the shade during our last war.

I am going to clean, re-align, and then test .25, .30, .36 and .43 again to see if I can get any different results.

Since I am a noob, could you help me with:

"Check how the hop up chamber performs."
and
"I suggest making a new hop "nub"

Any thoughts on going with the IER-hop?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought that rifle, and after inspecting the inner barrel the bucking is not straight up and down with the gun. If i tilt the gun to the right it helps with the curve. How would i go about realigning the hopup and bucking? There seems to be a screw holding the whole hopup unit in place.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.