Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey again guys.

Well a few questions for all of you. As a lot of you know I have got a new CA M14 EBR. I have gotten an 11.1v lipo battery, that I am planning on using with the rifle.

So here is my problem. Is the rifle going to be ok to use, semi only mind you, or will I melt the gear box?

That is why I am in the search of a systema full tune kit for a CA M14? And if not what parts would be needed to get the gearbox lipo ok?

Been looking around and doing some searching, and I am not quite to sure. I would like to do the stuff myself, with the help of a few buddies that have worked on more AEG's than myself.

Thanks guys...

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wouldn't running a lipo ruin the gearbox? Figured it would melt the box... Or should I just order a better motor, and would that take care of the problem?

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
If you're sticking to semi-auto strictly, and not bump firing it, I would just recommend getting a mosfet with active breaking installed. The only other thing that would be a concern is the wiring, you'll either want a 16g or 18g wiring for that. The 16g would be better, but a lot of times cannot fit inside the gearbox with the additional 1-2 wires a mosfet requires.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
To make it Lipo ready all you REALLY need is a MOSFET, after that everything else is just nice to have

Just to help you along a full run down of the mods Ive done to my G&G M14, (well those that are relavent here anyway ;))

I have an AB MOSFET that I built myself using this guide http://www.cerberusairsoft.co.uk/Mosfet/

I then fixed it to fire semi only by removing the fire selector cam.

The gearbox was then pulled open and the Anti-Reversal Latch and spring was then removed.

All wiring was upgraded to 16 AWG

All this and I have no intention of running Lipo batteries, why I hear you cry...... because the trigger response from all the above and a descent 9.6volt is plenty good enough, is the reply, (basicaly cuz its been made to pre-cock and no fandangled battery in the world is going to be faster than that ;))

Aside from all this the only real thing that can go wrong is it could strip the piston due to the super high speed the motor will spin at, but then my mate used to shred gears/pistons in his systema 1 joule v2 box every game just using a 9.6 and there super high speed motor, so thats just an occupational hazzard really :-/

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I already have the 16 awg wire... will do that this weekend.

What would have to be done to put a mosfet in the rifle?

Thanks again guys
And yes I am planning on semi only.. Will probably take off the selector switch all together.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool thanks guys ...

I was at radio shack and was unable to find some of the things that vindi had in his post. So I will do some more looking and see if I can't just make one. Should be alot cheaper.... but then again just buying it is even easier

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I hear ya vindi.

I am planning on getting the parts and trying my hand at making one this winter. Just couldn't find the mosfets them selves at radio shack. Must be different numberings and what not.

I do like the small package that you had on yours. So I was thinking if I was able to find the parts on the other guide, I think on this thread or the "mosfet" thread, would I be able to make the one like yours?

That and does it matter where you place the mosfet? Like if I don't have the room in the stock by the gear box, would I be able to put in in the hand grip where the battery usually goes. because I have the lipo in a PEQ box on the rails.

Thanks for the help guys... May have to make a few and see how the guys like them around here and then sell them for a little profit

Then just to make sure I have this correct. A mosfet will help reduce the "lag" in the trigger pull. And to help the gears to not wear down as much. Do I have this right?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The over all size of mine is 1 1/4" x 1/2" x 3/8" and I used to have mine in alongside my battery in the front foregrip when it was in my EBR stock, I just ran all the wires down the side of the gearbox.

A MOSFET will...... increase the rounds per minute, for all the full auto queens out there, which in turn increases trigger response time, for us proper shooters ;) it also turns the built in trigger contacts into just a low amp draw switch, with all the main current being handled by the FET. Add on the 'P' channel FET to turn it into an AB MOSFET and it means that every time you release the trigger the gearbox will stop in the same position each time, every time, again ideal for us semi only fan boys, as like I mentioned above, it means you can take out the ARL thus increasing the efficiency of the GB and reducing the noise a shade taboot. All in all a spectacular win for us SASS users

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds good vindi... Just what I was wanting to hear

I have guard drill this weekend, but when I get back on sunday will go out and try and find some parts.

Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
For the FETS just google -

IRL1404Z mosfet

and

SPP80P06P mosfet

Find a parts store with both those in stock and the diodes will sure as shit be in stock with them too ;)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Radio Shack carries FETs just not in the proper outputs we need for AS.

State side check out >>> http://www.digikey.com

>>> IRL1404 will cost you $3.67 for 1 or $24.50 for 10

>>> SPP80P06 will cost you $4.15 for 1 or $32 for 10

Radio shack will have all the other parts for less than $5 and in small quantities (3-5)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sorry to beat a dead horse.. especially a 6 month old dead horse, but I've read on other websites that you should put a 18V 5000W diode with the MOSFET. But do you REALLY need it? I run a 9.6V battery on mine (not lipo)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I don't on any of mine,

Mine are all home built dumb AB MOSFETs, and I run nothing but 11.1 Lipos and never had any issues other than the ones I caused ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.