Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I recently acquired a Tanaka M700 Take Down Model in a trade. I love the thing so far, but it's bone stock. I know one of the things that everyone says to replace in Tanaka rifles is the hop up, and one of the most common is the KA/2-roy VSR conversion. Is the Take-Down hop up the same as the rest of the M700's, or was it modified to work with the split body? If it is not, what bucking/barrel combo would you recommend running with the stock hop up?

Also, I am putting serious though into converting one of my 10 round mags into HPA. How much does this usually run? How hard is it to DIY?(I'm quite tech savvy, as is my father)

One last question, is it easier to convert the 29 rd mags to HPA at all, and whether it is or not, do they work in all models of the M700s? I think I read somewhere that the mags had to be modified for certain models.

Thanks for any/all help everyone!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry to show up late but...here's what I can say: KJW takedowns are NOT compatible. I don't know, however, if they are a close enough Tanaka clone that I can say it for Tanakas. Maybe try putting up pics of the hop up unit and I'll be able to tell you?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.