Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
So i have been trying to solve a firing problem with my aics. Every time i fire the bb goes about 30ft then drops. I chronoed it at 94fps. Any Ideas what could be the issue?
I am almost positive the mag is not the problem as it release gas well.
Could it be related to the hopup?
Thanks!

- Topa

·
Registered
361 Posts
Could be that the striker spring is not strong enough to power the shot.

What temperature and gas are you using? And what BB weight?

If it is a PCS gun, the PCS could be shut off.

You can take apart the bolt using the two screws on the base of the bolt. Then adjust the spring tension via the spring guide.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am using green gas with .3g bbs at about 50F (although that might be cold it should go well above 100fps). I know the striker spring and pcs valve are fine because it was firing perfectly about a week ago and I hevent touched those parts at all.

- Topa

·
Registered
361 Posts
O-rings in the mag might have dried up as well, but that would generally lead to instant frostbite that would be quite noticeable. Try taking the mags down and just relubing all the seals with silicone.

·
Administrator
6,216 Posts
I've never had lower than 380 fps. I really don't know what happened, I had 406fps with .4's at 12-13 degrees Celsius!!
Check the sear engagement and note if the cocking piece is moving when you fire, if not the pull the bolt back engage the safety, push it forward and disengage the safety then fire test it. If it work alright then you should do the metal piece over the bolt mod!
this is the most common problem among Tanaka M700, I've repaired 4 so far and the 3 had this problem!

Wolf

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok thanks Wolf and Cheese!
I will be investigating the mag parts next week as I am away from my gun. Although, I know for sure that the striker plate is fine as it was replaced with the pin and the O-rings are not frozen.

- Topa

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.