Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I have been working on researching Vietnam kits due to the recent increase of vietnam based games in my state (virginia). I already have an upgraded TM VSR but because of it being a G-Spec I cannot use it in Vietnam games because of the sliencer and it not being a woodstock.

What I am looking for is a rifle that won't require tons of work to be effective. So I moved on to Tanaka rifles. Now its a debate between the Tanaka M700 Police LTR (http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=74_81&products_id=317) or a Tanaka M40A1 Wood Stock (http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=74_81&products_id=315).

So my question is which one is the best for sniping out of the box and if you happen to know about Vietnam rifles which one is the most period correct.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well in my opinion the M40a1 because its a replica of a real rifle of the war(as you probably know). Also the stock looks less fake. The ridge in the stock of the M40 looks like the ridge in the M70(NOT THE M700) that the Army/Marines used early in the war.

sticks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about the performance between the two different rifles? Is this something I can use right out of the box for sniping without having to do much work. Since I am not looking to put tons of money into this gun since it would be just for Vietnam Ops since I would use my VSR for everything else.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well all the Tanakas that I have used(only about 3 :( ) have been pretty good shooters out of the box. Really if you dont want to mess with an HPA system, then just a tightbore. I think both of those rifles have a PCS system, so your set as far as FPS is concerned.

sticks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay well I am looking at the M40A1 then based on your comments about the Vietnam period look. Also after reading the M40A1 review on another thread it looks like my best choice for a decent out of the box rifle. I shall run it by the guys at vietnamairsoft.com to make sure its cleared for the Vietnam ops.

Please people continue any input you may have. Really helping me out guys.

·
Registered
72 Posts
fenrir said:
I already have an upgraded TM VSR but because of it being a G-Spec I cannot use it in Vietnam games because of the sliencer and it not being a woodstock.
You could get a vsr-10 realshock and put the parts from your already upgraded g-spec into that. And i know that later in the war, when the vietnam snipers were using the remington 7oo, it had no cheekcomb . I do believe that is your most cost efficient solution.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
scar527 said:
fenrir said:
I already have an upgraded TM VSR but because of it being a G-Spec I cannot use it in Vietnam games because of the sliencer and it not being a woodstock.
You could get a vsr-10 realshock and put the parts from your already upgraded g-spec into that. And i know that later in the war, when the vietnam snipers were using the remington 7oo, it had no cheekcomb . I do believe that is your most cost efficient solution.
Please look at the most recent post before yours before replying. This is a dead thread, please don't necro post. This is your freebie.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.