Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
So good news is I got my aics back up and running again. I did some research before giving it a test run to see how the adjustments work on the PCS bolt. Unfortunately it seemed that alot of sources were indirect. Forgive me if a am asking a basic questions but I appreciate all the help.

Anyways I spent about two hours trying some experiments with the bolt. First I played around with the striker spring screw (supposedly the one that adjusts the fps). I did realize deferences in power (they were chronod). I also realized that my tanaka will only fire when it is tightened past 1/2 way. Then I played around with that large screw in the bolt that can be seen from the hole in the bottom (not sure what it's called). I also notices that it had a big impact on fps which I hadn't read anywhere else.

Leaving the striker spring screw 3/4 tight I noticed that when I tightened the (nameless) screw it raised the fps but if I tightened past a certain point or loosened past a certain point it seemed to reduce its power output.

Can anyone guide me in the right direction on how to balance both parts? How can I achieve the most fps reliably? Can you explain the purpose of each part?
I hope I have made myself clear and if not let me know.
Thank you!!

- Topa

·
Registered
361 Posts
The nameless screw is the PCS screw. The striker spring guide is just that, an adjustable tension guide.

I believe that the optimal position for the PCS is ~75-80% open. As for the striker spring guide, I'd pick a max. FPS you'd like and tune to that. As you raise striker spring tension the trigger pull becomes less smooth (in my experience anyways) and more tension is put on the sears. I would try to see how loose a striker spring I could run to achieve my intended FPS.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The nameless screw is the PCS screw. The striker spring guide is just that, an adjustable tension guide.

I believe that the optimal position for the PCS is ~75-80% open. As for the striker spring guide, I'd pick a max. FPS you'd like and tune to that. As you raise striker spring tension the trigger pull becomes less smooth (in my experience anyways) and more tension is put on the sears. I would try to see how loose a striker spring I could run to achieve my intended FPS.
I did experience that trigger pull feeling with the striker spring tight. The only problem is, is if it is not tightened enough, by this i mean 3/4 or more (which I thought was too much) my gun will not even fire. So if I could loosen it up more I would but I am kind of restricted. Even when I installed the G&G striker spring (which is so so stiff) I had to have it pretty tight in order for it to fire.

- Topa

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.