Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey there gentlemen!

This is the TAR-21 which is available in some airsoft stores..
The picture shows the TAR-S21 (sniper version with loger outer barrel).

I wanted to ask if anyone knows if there are compatible outer barrels on the aftermarket, so I may install a longer inner barrel? (I'm familiar with tuning, I know the stuff about cylinders, etc. ;) )

Forecast thanks,

TM

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A scope does not make a sniper rifle, bro.. ;) :p

·
Registered
90 Posts
It's used as DMR do to the 20 inch barrel, the ACOG and the bipod but is not a designated precision sniper rifle lol

to answer your question.. There is barrel extention for m4/m16 so I'm taking the thread on the barrel is 14mm counter clockwise so any barrel extention for that thread should fit man, they sell them at evike or since you live in germany try redwolf or ebairsoft web stores the sell a bast array of parts. Just tak the old flash hider off and install you new barrel extention and you should be fine. Also you might be needing a longer aeg tight bore barrel and some good hop up bucking rubber and nub and you should be able to hit targets far out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
While entirely different, I put a 650mm long barrel in my M700.
It replaced the 509mm stock inner, with a Mad Bull 6.01mm, and some porting modifications.
To deal with the extra inner barrel, I made a mock silencer and fitted it to my outer barrel where it covers the excess.
It is a friction fitted add on.
From this:
About 5.25" (133mm) extra inner barrel length.

To this:

Front holds the inner barrels muzzle, the rear holds onto the OEM outer barrel.

It's made out of PVC pipe and some odds and ends for the muzzle.
The OEM tip is still on the OEM outer barrel.
Sometimes doing for yourself prevents you from sticking to what is available and marginal for what you really want. :tup:
The whole thing gets a Ghillie wrap over it anyway.

Hope that might give you some ideas. :shrug:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Oh I know that but how is it a sniper version?
The barrel looks normal lenght. The only thing I see is a bipod which doesnt make it a sniper version either.
Whats sniper about it?
They make a ton of variables to this in the real steel world.
Maybe this side will help to see the available length for a barrel?
The breech is way back by your cheek.

I couldn't find anything specifically designated as sniper version. But I think I've seen some reference before to a sniper version of this Bullpup design. The STAR-21 variant has a Bi-pod and telescopic site.
Pretty futuristic, IMHO.
But I'm a bolt gun guy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.