Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently did the TDC mod to my VSR-10 rifle. I really like the results. My only problem now is the screw. I am using a M4-.7 thread screw. It works great with the fine thread of the screw, but when I shoot the screw turns a little changing my shot. What do you fellow forum members do to stop the screw from turning while shooting?

Thanks MiloXC3 for the TDC video helped out a lot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
In the video I didn't use a spring on the screw. If you look at Masterjuggler's guide he uses a spring on the screw to stop it from loosening. Have you tried that?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I used two small washers on both sides of the spring. Make sure it is tight and not to loose. Gas Automotive tire Bumper Automotive lighting Pattern

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
It should be tight enough that you have to push down on it and have a little bit of trouble getting it in place (at least I did before I switched to a scope dial, which vy the way is fantastic at holding it's position). You can also just add some washers or spacers of some sort to add more tension to the spring you already have. I'm assuming most of us collect a lot of crap because we like to DIY our rifles, and have collected a reasonable amount of useless springs and stuff that can be used for stuff. If you have any springs then try to get a spring with a good amount of tension, because that would help.

Other than switching to a scope dial, the only other thing I can think of is put a bit of teflon tape or another thin tape over the screw threads to create more friction on the threads, because it sounds like the screw isn't gripping the barrel threads tightly.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I use PTFE/Teflon tape AND a spring on all of my TDCs adjuster screws, its also worth stretching the spring a little after you have cut it to the desired length, as this increases the spring pre-load without increasing the spring length, so it doesn't become coil bound before you reach the correct hop setting :tup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.