Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was wondering if there is like any airsoft techschool for AEG's mainly i know alot about airsoft sniper internals but not much bout the gearbox's and id love to make my own "custom" DMR,so does anybody know any sites that is almlost like an airsoft tech school or any airsoft stores in NE ohio?

·
Registered
571 Posts
There's a place in NJ, but that's probably out of the question. Your best bet is to start watching YouTube videos. Building gearboxes is like building car engines, you rarely do it right the first time unless you've been doing it for a while. I've been working on a damned GB for over two years, because it won't cooperate. Plus, it's nothing like playing with legos, more like an overly complex gas RC engine. If your willing to take the risk, you can buy an inexpensive ACM GB and try to clean them up to learn without working on your own gun.

·
Registered
349 Posts
On another forum, I asked the same question. It was recomended to me that I buy a 2nd hand TM or CA M4, because those brands and that gearbox design are compatible with the most aftermarket parts, and I would dissasemble and reasemble the gun until I got the hang enough to start upgrading it.

You can buy a stock Tokyo Marui M733(its a short barrel M4), used, for around $150 dollars on Ebay or on airsoft forums.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah CA wouldn't be my first choice. TM obviously, cause it can't be off-spec from itself. But clones also work very nicely, come with some good stock parts, and best of all it's very low risk.

As far as "schools", you're best bet is really to just research things online. Airsoftmechanics's forums are a great place to do a lot of reading to get familiar with different types of builds and methods. It's a lot of searching and reading, but well worth it for the amount of information you'll find. And then there are youtube videos and sites like mechbox.com to help put the pieces together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.