Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I was just wondering how you test your air compression in your AEGs? And if there is a leak, how do you determine where it is?

I know that there are a few spots where I can improve on my G36 DMR, but I just wanted your input on how to test how effective the end results are.

One of the things I am planning on doing is installing an Aug air seal nozzle since I have heard that they are longer than the stock G36 one and provide a better seal with the hop up unit. I currently have a CA G36 nozzle on it, but when I followed Vindis guide and glued it to the tappet plate it lost its air seal for some reason, so I figure I have to replace it anyway.

So what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
When you glue it to the tappet plate, I found it best to install everything into the gearbox side, to hold it in place, before the glue had dried, in the fully retracted position, ie sans return spring, then the nozzle should be following the inner tube accuratly.

It might be worth checking your cylinder head is sitting square, straight and true in your cylinder, as any deviation means the nozzle isn't going to engage the hop rubber squarely, buggering up any chance of a descent seal.

Another thing I now do..... (god knows my guide needs a serious update ::) )...., is glue a small O ring to the front of the nozzle using nail varnish. It should fit through the hop rubber opening with ease plus be no more than 1mm thick.

This then puts the nozzle farther into the rubber, helping with the seal, plus it moves the bb harder against the hop rubber nub to aid the 'flick' it provides

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.