Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think is the best secondary for a sniper that is good in CQB and does well in medium range? My choices are G36C,M4 CQB/S-System or and MP5.

·
Registered
192 Posts
1. It's in the wrong section.

2. You need to make an intro-post.

Other than that I think carbines are overkill for a sidearm, way too bulky. A pistol will do good.
Personally run a TM G17 and a TM G18C (AEP) for the colder months.

·
Registered
652 Posts
An MP7 would do just fine or as MigaFox suggested a G18. It does not have to be full-auto to be a sniper side-arm. If you really want a AEG, go with the MP5, but a semi-auto pistol will do the job just as well.

·
Registered
248 Posts
To answer your question, I would recommend an mp5 without the stock (I believe that makes it an mp5k) for it's weight and rof. My friend had one as a primary and it shot very fast, but didn't have the range (which shouldn't matter for you since this is a secondary.) I can't say anything about the g36, but I have had the S-system in the past and for some reason, I didn't like it. I guess I expected more out of it and I wasn't familiar with m4 upgrades/internals at that time, but I used mine as a primary and owned the long version. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
117 Posts
The Tokyo Marui mk23 SOCOM. Case closed. All the advantages of a pistols frame AND with outstanding range and accuracy. To top it all off, the thing is virtually silent!

·
Registered
5,445 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have a cheap 20 dollar M4 with a sawn off barrel and stock. Fully auto ass kicking pistol (I like to think its an ARk)
Can I see it :D ?

·
Registered
296 Posts
'Clever' answers:

A good sniper rifle. Stealth is your primary weapon.

A more serious answer is:

A really good spotter with excellent camo and fieldcraft watching your back.

Both of those will do a better job of staying in the game than any aeg.

---

To actually answer:

If you carry a full size aeg you limit mobility to an extent and you are conflicted. Do you use your aeg or your rifle? I would use a decent pistol you can draw in around a second. When you NEED the secondary you will often need it NOW.

You could use an aeg to move around the site and a basr 'in position' but I think you'd be better with a DRM. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts