Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a couple of threads of people asking how to get an AEG to shoot 500 FPS. However, they are saying they want the AEGs to be DMRs. If you are truly trying to make a DMR wouldn't you do everything you can to make the rifle more accurate at range with an FPS of only 400? Designated Marksman Rifles in the real world are meant to give accurate fire at only slightly farther then "normal" infantry. Also the designated marksman moves with an infantry platoon. In airsoft if you have a DMR that shoots over 400 FPS you will not be able to move with a group as effectively as you'll have to be farther back because of the minimum range of a 100 ft.

Am I out of line here? I'm making a DMR myself, however, I'm working on getting my rifle to shoot accurately at distance and as close to 400 FPS as I can.

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
There are two types of DMR's in airsoft. One is what you want to do (and how I play) where the DMR runs with the squad with a slightly longer/more accurate rifle. On the other hand, there are the SASR's (semi-automatic-sniper-system) where they can be considered DMR's and they can run with a squad, but because of the MED, they usually run recon or overwatch much like a regular sniper.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am the Designated Marksman or the Scout Sniper type and I use a red dot scope instead of the standard scope which is faster in acquiring targets. The first time I played airsoft 7 years ago I was running with a team with a bolt action and a red dot scope and I was also the one who had the first kill. I also use a DE M47 shotgun with a red dot scope in CQBs and I pump 3 bbs before I fire a shot and it was quite accurate

This is how I practice using a bolt action with a red dot scope for marksmanship.
Tercel M007 Airsoft Sniper Matchstick Target - YouTube

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am the Designated Marksman or the Scout Sniper type and I use a red dot scope instead of the standard scope which is faster in acquiring targets. The first time I played airsoft 7 years ago I was running with a team with a bolt action and a red dot scope and I was also the one who had the first kill. I also use a DE M47 shotgun with a red dot scope in CQBs and I pump 3 bbs before I fire a shot and it was quite accurate

This is how I practice using a bolt action with a red dot scope for marksmanship.
Tercel M007 Airsoft Sniper Matchstick Target - YouTube
That's sick man....!

Also, if you want a AEG i strongly recommend a HPA kit to it instead, you'll get a bit more range but alot better consistency. Look up the polarstar kit.

But also! Yes you would make it as accurate as you possibly could. You just outrange your squad with a few meters in airsofting, but thats enough!

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have a similar dmr build philosophy as you but maybe for different reasons. I can use my m4 as a dmr since it has the needed accuracy, but since it's under 400fps I can also use it in any other circumstance. More of a Jack of all trades than my M28 which is really only useful in one specialization: sniping. On the other hand 100ft really isn't that far and its tough to shoot the front of an advancing enemy squad when there's a DM with more range than you pinning you down.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have one of each. I have a G3 set-up for a 530 FPS DMR. And then a UAR set-up for a 400 FPS DMR.

It really depends on the field situation. If I'm gonna be in a mostly woodland heavy/urban environment I'd run my UAR. But if I know there are open areas/pathways/objectives that need to be watched running the G3 with the extra impact is nice. It really makes people think twice about poking back out.

Can't forget my 300 FPS stubby scout VSR though, love her too haha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.