Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Why is it bad to dry fire a gbb? As long as you maintain it properly, I don’t see how a dry fire would have any extra effect? It’s not like the bb provides much, if any resistance in the system. It would cause the same wear to dry fire as it would to fire a bb.

I dry fire practice with my Hi-Capa all the time, it’s one of my favorite thing to do with it. Will I need to replace parts down the road? Yes, but is just the nature of the beast. Airsoft is not real steel, replacing parts is easy and *relatively cheep.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I have never understood people claiming dry firing is bad since it causes wear. Then by that thinking, you shouldn’t fire the gun at all, it causes wear...

Like I said earlier, you need to replace parts no matter what, so you might as well just use it, practice, and get better.

Edit: In my experience it’s better to use & abuse the gun and get better by practicing, then to leave it sitting in a case, safely tucked under your bed. You can always replace parts, just my two cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
863 Posts
Exactly, thank you Dimitri. In my experience most gbbs can take a lot of abuse before breaking down.

Airsoft is not like RS, you can’t really damage a “firing pin” since most gbbs use pretty beefy valve knockers so it’s really a nonissue.

Edit: I just realized this thread is in the completely wrong spot, maybe an admin can move it?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Dont use green gas, it will just put excess silicon in your hop group. I run dry propane and just maintain the pistol with high quality lube when I break it down. High quality lube = superlube

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.