Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been playin as an airsoft sniper for around 6 months and my old gun just broke, i am looking at this as a possible platform for a new sniper, any other guns you would reccomend/ upgrades?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
silentfury214 said:
NICE!! That really helps out the OP to make a decision based on unbiased speculation and personal expierience....NOT!! ::)

To the OP, if its an electro sniper rifle you really want, then you should be looking at either a G&G, TM, or CYMA M14, or a Steyr AUG, any long barreled G3 or G36, or an ICS M4 before you start looking at anything that looks like an SR or M16.

The reasoning behind this is the weapons I listed above all have consistent and stable hop units as standard, and most, with a few minor modifications can be made outstanding.

The M4/M16 style hop unit is notoriously crap, unless you really, REALLY know what your doing in regards to modifications to make them work right. Topped off by the fact that the V2 gearbox case cant handle high power set ups for long before they start to crack, unless of coarse your willing to spend a shed load of cash on the preventative measures which are available.

The reason I'm banging on about hop units and stability/consistency is this, after all, is what provides us with that holly grail of range and accuracy, not the amount of power it puts out, descent power can be achieved out of virtually any gearbox ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im fairly certain that the gun is only listed as out of stock because it is a custom gun and the store needs to assemble it when its ordered

Just checked out the reveiw for the Ca SL-8 looks like good gun, its shooting pretty good stock it looks, any upgrade reccomendations for it?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Its just a G36 dressed up, so any upgrades for the 36 will fit.

Personally, and all i did 2 my 36 sniper is fit a Systema TB, 450mm long, a Guarder black rubber and a home made nub similar to shredders SCS nub, made sure the cylinder and piston seals were good, as V3 gearbox's are usually crap, and put an M 120 spring in it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.