Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoggies First Ghillie Suit.
I will be uploading as I finish each piece.
Top-Legs-Boonie-Gun
Currently
100% with top
100% with legs
10% with boonie
0% with gun

Top pictures.

Lots of pictures for all you that have been asking

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It made the brighter tan looking one WAY brighter, and the darker ones super dark. It's a good median. The enviornment I play in is really really dead, or really really dark grasses. It's either i'm in dirty, dead grass that looks like the tan, or i'm in dense, green and brown areas.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
The fact that you live in Michigan, I can see this suit working. Take some pics outside and maybe that will help show its real colors. Looks mad bright right now, but that is what cameras do sometimes.

Looking forward to seeing some outdoor pics.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's dumping rain, and I'd like to finish the pants before I take outdoors pics. It needs to get dirty aswell, the tan is a tad bright, but, It'll be ready for field by next weekend I hope

·
Registered
506 Posts
hoggie said:
It's dumping rain, and I'd like to finish the pants before I take outdoors pics. It needs to get dirty aswell, the tan is a tad bright, but, It'll be ready for field by next weekend I hope
Yuck. It rained here last night too, but dried up enough for my memorial day game... Fun, fun.

I'll post some pics soon of my (almost) finished ghillie, and see what you guys think.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yeah... that's a good question. I always put too much, and have to take some off. It's best to have enough so it fills out the ghillie, and doesn't make you look like a dude with camo on, and some twigs stuck to him, but you don't want too much to make it hard to attach veg, which is harder to detect than jute. I would say to but quite a bit on the boonie/hood, and on the back, and less on the legs. This will make it easier to walk around in, but still give you a hard to spot form.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just layed in the vest, rolled around in the leaves, and had my brother try to find it. He could NOT find that vest 4/5 times. And the time he found it I layed it weird so it looked "unnatural" :) I'm going to add some dark brown jute, and then work on the legs and boonie! (I think the legs + boonie = the time spent on chest, should be done super soon!!!)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I dumped mud all over that beast, and now it's all dirty and mangy like a stray dog ;). So, it's gonna sit over night (Hosed it once) , and tomorrow i'll clean it up. I did some major touch up work on those blank spots Fuzzy pointed out. I tried out some natural veg, and played some more "Find Hoggie" with my brother and friend. One of them stepped on me :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.