Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a suppressor over the last few days and just wanted to show it off, lol. I hope you enjoy the video! I had fun making it.

[flash=350,287:9jljtpev]http://www.youtube.com/v/USdZweKD048&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:9jljtpev]
[/TD][TD]
Banner

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh thanks for the tip, I'll add a note of that! xD
Thanks, Mac! If i find out that i don't like the suppresser for whatever reason, i'm just going to hide a barrel extension in it and keep the tacticool aspect ^.^ Something i didn't show in this video is that it's very easily attached and detached, which is a neat aspect.
Nelson, that is an awesome idea xD I wanna see that.
Tell ya what, get someone to GIVE me an SVD and i'll make that! ^.^ -kidding! (unless someone really wanted o,o)

·
Registered
807 Posts
Technically:
http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/uscode/18/I/44/921

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/guides/importation-verification/firearms-verification-nfa-silencer.html

Airsoft gets away with it by marketing as a "mock" suppressor, with no actual internals. I didn't watch your video yet so I don't know what you did to make it, but just a heads up...

Edit:
After thinking about it - airsoft probably 'gets away with it' since they aren't made for attachment to actual firearms. However if you make your own it basically becomes the discression of the officer if it is a home made suppressor or not that could be affixed to a real firearm. I have heard of poeple getting grabbed for making suppressors before, and I know a guy (lives in a foreign country) that made a suppressor for an Uzi with tennis balls, duct tape and a PVC pipe. That said, its not hard, it just makes you evil depending where you live

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hahaha, Newbie, I have the same thought every time I watch it tbh xP "THE MOST EXCITING ADVANCEMENT IN AIRSOFT TECHNOLOGY" -intruderwindow trollface-
But yeah, it was so much fun to make xP

Yeah I was going to include details on how to make the thing, but decided against it. Any effect on silencing a real projectile would be tiny, i would definitely go with it being a *mock* suppressor.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I'm not so worried about silencers on airsoft guns. If you wanted to make it legal you permanently mount the thing to your gun. Then its no longer a attachment which silences it is actually part of your gun and is the actual report of your gun.
Real gun owners use this same technique to have shorter barreled m4s without having to go and get a short barrel license. Although they use flash hiders and not silencers to do this.
Silmilar concepts. Although piss off the wrong person and I'm sure they will find a way to get you in trouble.

Another thought to ponder is if our government is concerned about airsoft silencers why would they let us import them into our country. Customs is ran with the same rules and regulations as our government so it wouldn't make much sense to have them allow it in, but then cause us grief once get receive the item.

Also, a silencer can be anything used to change the report of a weapon fired by as little as two decibels. There are quite literally thousands of things which will change the report of a AEG. Not so much on a real firearm where it can be reused.

That's my two cents on silencers and the US.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
TBH I really don't think that anybody in the US gives a crap about silencers on airsoft guns. Even ones made to quieten them. They don't do anything dangerous. I am sure that no one will care as long as you don't wave your gun around in public or make a silencer for a working gun.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.