Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
161 - 180 of 180 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
This is amazing. This helped a ton when I was building my DMR. Thanks a lot!

Reactions: gisburn20

· Registered
184 Posts
The OP hasn't been on in quite a while. Great guide, but the voluming is way off. We always link this to the newbies who want a DMR on AS.

· proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,625 Posts
For a DMR, I would whole heartedly recommend converting one of the AEGs in the Specna arms edge series as they already have a good, tough, gearbox, 6.03mm barrel and rotary hopup unit and quick change spring. Literally the only thing it needs is a more powerful spring and a tru-hop/maple leaf macaron bucking. However, you may want to consider a high torque motor from Guarder or some other company.

· Registered
1,596 Posts
Pre-cocking takes the wind up out of the shot. If you're shooting semi-auto (which you should be with this) by the piston being aready held back, you're just releasing the spring tension instead of winding it up and releasing. Theoretically it would be slightly steadier and quicker. The only downside I see with this setup is that the spring is always under load after every shot. That's putting stress on the internals the whole time you're not firing.

Personally, I find a regular aeg to still be sufficient in semi auto and you do get used to compensating for that extra half second it takes to fire.

· Registered
5,705 Posts
Theoretically it would be slightly steadier and quicker.
From what I have seen with precocking, there is no difference in accuracy. It is as Zero says, theory. From my experience, it just gives a quicker response time and I don't think that makes it really any more accurate.

Hop up chamber - most stock ones are plastic, is it important to upgrade it to a metal one?

Would a 380mm barrel length be enough?
Some plastic hopups are good. G&G for instance.
380mm should be fine. Even with heavy weights it should be fine as long as you have a full cylinder and a good air seal.

· Registered
48 Posts
Thanks guys. I got it for pre-cook. I will not pay USD170 for Gate Titan to get the pre-cock function. But I will welcome it when it comes stock on a VFC. I agree that when we know our rifle's trigger response then we will get used to it.

Anyway fyi, G&G made a quicker trigger response model, BAMF Team. They reduced 3 teeth in the sector gear from 16 to 13, to increase the trigger response. On the negative side, the shorter pull back of the piston means that this system cannot make full use of an uncut cylinder to increase air volume. It also surprised me that the inner barrel is 430mm, and YouTube reviews showed it firing 0.20 at 390FPS. It is a replica of a real target competition rifle, and it looks like it should fit me perfectly. However, since it is not sold locally, I cannot try if the fixed butt will suit me or not. That's why it is not my 1st choice. I remembered that I wished that my M16A1 (fixed butt) had a shorter butt. So I prefer a model with an adjustable butt.

· Registered
112 Posts
Hi guys,

I plan to build a great DMR and look for some additional info before I get started.

Should I go AEG or HPA?

Does a well built HPA DMR have a performance advantage over a well built AEG DMR?

It shall shoot perfect (what else) and be silent enough, so that the enemy players dont hear where I am.

Atm I have no HPA equipment. Powerlimit is 2.0-2.5 Joules.

· Registered
5,705 Posts
They are about as good as each other. The main advantage is the quietness. The disadvantage is the tank on your back and a hose as well as cost. An AEG DMR is a lot cheaper.
For the AEG all you would need is an 11.1v lipo, bigger spring, Full metal teeth piston, SHS motor, and a Welllock Brace.

· Registered
5,705 Posts
By the way, you should have just started a new thread. This one is old.

· Registered
112 Posts
thanks for the reply. I only read March, not 2020 :)
I think the AEG will fit me better. It should be possible that only I hear my AEG, but not the enemy players at 30meter distance.

Is there a recommendation on the rifle plattform / manufacturer? Something that is sturdy, can be upgraded easily and is kinda silent. The length should not be longer than my TM VSR 10 Pro Sniper.
I like the look of the HK 417, but I am afraid the VFC internals arent that great.

· Registered
5,705 Posts
If you are looking for quiet, then check out this thread: How to make the quietest AEG ever
I find that AR styled rifles are nicer to work on but they can be hard to make quiet. Though it can be done. So read the above link. Big hint: Get the Lonex Pinion and Beval gear set. Also, try to make it as snappy as possible. Though that may be hard considering that you are aiming for the higher joule range.

· Registered
14 Posts
Thanks guys. I got it for pre-cook. I will not pay USD170 for Gate Titan to get the pre-cock function. But I will welcome it when it comes stock on a VFC. I agree that when we know our rifle's trigger response then we will get used to it.
For future readers, you really don't need a titan for precock. Many more affordable mosfets (cheaper gates, peruns etc.) come with this feature.

· Registered
5,705 Posts
For a cheap mosfet, look on aliexpress for the T238 V1.7. It is cheap as chips and has all the features you need.

161 - 180 of 180 Posts