Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lately I've got lots of problems with my vsr the consistency is everywhere and I have the issue where the bb curves after about 150-200ft.
I think it is the barrel or myb the bucking but i hear the hop up chamber can be the problem also.
Soon i will make an order for the new 6.01 barrel and a new bucking but im here asking if someone knows the solution first.
the vsr has a 170 laylax spring so enough power the barrel is a pdi raven 370mm 6.01mm and the hop is an autobot 60° inside a action army hop chamber with a flat hop nub on top of that. im using 48.g and the barrel had a bridge and waws 430mm long but i cut it down and filed down the bridge the consistency was pretty good but now its trash

·
Registered
705 Posts
It could be your barrel being screwed too far in/not far enough.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I noticed just today that I can move my receiver about 2mm to each side, so it looks like that could be my problem, and possibly yours.
It looks like in the near future I shall be making a one piece barrel/receiver, but for now I should probably survive well enough.
I am also using a questionable bucking, so that is most definitely part of it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
after some frustrations I removed my old bucking (autobot 70° I think) and put in an old MR hop 70° but while playing i saw my range decreased drastically from the last time but the bbs were on a straight line. today i bought the new maple leaf transparent autobot 85° because i think that i have too much fps so it breaks my buckings (im running around 600 fps), Im gonna try it out tomorrow and post the results and also see if there is any move with my barrel/receiver. I know the 85 is kind of stiff but the winter is coming so maybe it will work out fine.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
The MR-hop has been known to leak, so maybe you were getting less FPS.
For the 85°, I hear it's like a 70° or 75° regular Autobot, so you'll probably be fine.
Btw, soft buckings are for colder weather as they stiffen up, but I wouldn't worry until you try it out.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am aware of the mr-hop leak but the range with him before (and with the autobot) was pretty good but now its 1/3 of what it has been, i think it is the barrel because i cut it down so less fps and i think that maybe its also the spring that it loose compression or something.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I am aware of the mr-hop leak but the range with him before (and with the autobot) was pretty good but now its 1/3 of what it has been, i think it is the barrel because i cut it down so less fps and i think that maybe its also the spring that it loose compression or something.
Lmao, FPS=range, that's a huge part of your problem.
I suppose that you should test cylinder compression, as that is probably important as well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had a problem with left curve with 70° autobot. Then I switched to a 70° decepticon I had lying around and the curve disappeared.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I had a problem with left curve with 70° autobot. Then I switched to a 70° deceptivon I had lying around and the curve disappeared.
I've my doubts that the autobot provides any advantage over the decepticon. The barrels are made to such higher tolerances than the buckings, I don't think the center groove at the ending of the autobot could do any more centering than the barrel already does. Instead I can imagine it adding extra spin to one side or the other. I just picked up two new 2021 desepticons to play with, hoping for good results.

Reactions: kazuchan

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a problem because of a standard barrel spacer, I think (cm.701). Basically the inner barrel was not centered at the end of the outer barrel. I thought it was just the outer barrel being not straight, but adding a bit of spacers in order to center the inner barrel fixed my curve.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had the same problem with my JG Bar 10 and I checked all the parts like crazy. Turns out the problem was in me. Some people tend to lean just so slightly towards their dominant arm without realizing it and that causes a curve. Have someone stay infront of you while you aim (obv no bb and unloaded) to check your posture. Alternatively you can line the crosshairs with a building's edge and check your consistency that way.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I use a maple leaf bubble rail to eliminate any chances of me being the problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.