Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....Is that the reflection has actually given away my position twice!

Long story short, is there a way to get rid of the reflection?

The two obvious answers aren't really an option as I cannot find a black cylinder nor do I have anywhere near the tools for making a dust cover.

I assume paint would just get scratched off. Even cerakote would probably fail in the long run here.

Yeah, I need ideas.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Its quite easy to make a dust cover. Take an aluminum can and cut it to the shape you need. The paint it whatever color you like, and shove it in there. While you're at it, make a cylinder glide sleeve out of a polycarbonate tube. @Blind Sniper can help you with both of these. Ask him if you have more questions.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
How do I get the piece of can to stay in place though? Sorry I'm new to this kind of customization. Or is it supposed to sit inside the receiver and be bigger than the "ejection port"?

It already has a sleeve, but I made it out of parts of a water bottle. Is polycarbonate better?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
It's like 5 mm shorter than the distance between the plastic rings in the front and back of your receiver, and should be able to completely wrap around your cylinder.

You simply just cut it out, wrap it around something like a pen(not all the way, just small enough to fit) and slide it in.
Once it's in you just position it and it stays put well enough.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
You can make a cover like this too but I’m not sure if you have the tools. If you sent me your receiver I’d be happy to make one for you. I also understand if that’s too much of a hassle. Good luck on your project!

·
Registered
183 Posts
How do I get the piece of can to stay in place though? Sorry I'm new to this kind of customization. Or is it supposed to sit inside the receiver and be bigger than the "ejection port"?

It already has a sleeve, but I made it out of parts of a water bottle. Is polycarbonate better?
you can use epoxy to hold it in place. as for the sleeve, polycarbonate is better because its smoother, and stronger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts